5.Him

Everyone was getting ready. My dress arrived an hour ago. It was a pastel green designer gown. I loved it. It was really beautiful. Gina had those stylists of my Mother making a quick exit because she wasn’t feeling their look! Then Gina’s stylists came and they’re done with my make-up. It’s time for the dress.

I went near my Mirror wearing the most beautiful dress I’ve ever seen. I felt confident. Those 3 were giggling at me. If this wasn’t the scenario, I would’ve blushed now…In a couple of minutes… thirty minutes to be precise, I’m getting engaged. I’m getting engaged to someone I don’t know. Funniest part is I haven’t even seen him. I don’t know anything about him. Yes… it’s partly my mistake, I tore the envelope with his photo and details. That’s why I cannot even say to my friends about him.

If that’s not the case, it was easier for Gina to get rid of him…May be? I really can’t believe I agreed to get married to a total stranger… I should’ve heard Aaron’s words…But it’s too late.

Ohhh Flower...I forgot about it. I dialled Aaron. It’s his most crucial interview today…I’ve to wish him all the best…But he didn’t answer it. I dialled about five times. Still no answer. May be he’s driving… or may be the interview already started…??? But still…I don’t know why do I’ve a feeling that he’s lying to me…Why do I’ve a feeling that he’s avoiding me? I don’t know why my stupid mind thinking he won’t come today? I’m wrong, right Flower? I’m wrong, aren’t I?

                             * * * *

Boys arrived, except Aaron. They were neatly dressed. I was surprised to see Eddy, he was looking ravishing. And of course Bella made a lot of excuses just to talk to him. “Eddy, do you think the guest arrived”, “Eddy, don’t you think her dress is beautiful” Eddy this and Eddy that, She was not stopping. Alex and Rohan gave each other a knowing look. Ohhh…This is why Aaron said the whole college knows it. Poor Bella, so oblivious. We were in my room taking pictures and all.

               Then unknown sounds heard from downstairs. Then the idiots ran outside. “They’ve arrived Hazy” Said Rohan. My heartbeats are racing, hearts about to burst. “Guys… I’m scared” I murmured.  It was time for group hug. They managed to hug me without ruining my look. I miss you Aaron… “Hazel…” it was Father.
It’s time Hazy…Be strong… everyone is with you…your idiots are with you, moreover Flower is with you...

      I climbed down the stairs. They are in the living room, I’ve to walk past this hall way, I could only faintly hear them talking. I didn’t know why I am not looking up. My head was down. And I’m cent percent sure that I’m not blushing, quite the opposite.

Everything was blank for me. I could not even look at my family… I was standing there, my head down. When I reached, the room fell silent.Nobody was talking, not even my mother. I felt Gina’s hand on my shoulder, it gave me some courage. “Come Hazy…Stand near him” mother said it in the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard. I didn’t know she could talk like this…and Hazy??? Really? She never calls me that. I started walking ahead, as I took a few steps… I saw his shoes…I froze. That’s…I took a deep breath. With all my unknown strength I tried to look up. I blinked… it was like someone punched me on my heart… “Aaron…?”

My legs were weakening. I couldn’t stand straight. I was about to fall, then Gina and the guys supported me. He was standing there like a statue, not even looking into my eyes. I really wanted to get out from there…still I was standing there like a mannequin who has no soul.

“It’s time for ring exchange…” my mother cheered. The she grabbed me, pretty roughly, and made me stand near him. “You should propose her on your knees, Ronnie” his mother said. But she immediately kept silent, I’m pretty sure someone gave her the infamous glare. We exchanged rings. Now I’ve no strength to look at him. I really need to get out of here. “I’m not feeling well…can I go and take rest?” I asked my father. Again the room fell silent. Then his mother replied, “Of course dear, take rest.”

I was starting to leave, then suddenly he grabbed my hand, “Hazy…” I turned with my blood red fierce glare, “Don’t!” I said furiously removing his hold…

I walked into the hall way. I really wanted to quickly dash into my room. But my legs were not agreeing to it. I was walking in a normal pace, may be slower than the normal. What’s happening to me? I really can’t feel my body now… it feels like my body is going with the flow.

                           * * * *

I heard a knock on my door, I’m sure it’s Gina. Then the door opened. I’m wrong again. Eddy, Rohan, Lizzy, Bella and Gina came inside. I knew they would come. They’re all I’ve got now…And thank Flower Alex and He didn’t came. I was sitting on the floor. Girls sat near me, Rohan and Eddy sat on the couch. “You changed??” asked Gina. “I took a shower” I said without any emotion. Again the silence. I think it’s the first time we’re sitting in utter silence.

Suddenly I recalled something.  I looked at each of their faces. Everyone had same expression. Worried and pitiful. “You guys…you guys are worried…” I whispered. Then they started looking at each other. I continued, “you guys are worried… not shocked… I didn’t even hear a gasp from you guys, when we entered the living room...not shocked…not shocked” I kept ranting it without looking at them. Then I stopped and glanced at Gina…Guilty… I peeped at everyone’s faces one by one…guilty… That means… “You guys knew…you guys knew???” They startled. Yup… I was right. They knew. It was feeling like standing on a shaky ground with no solid ground beneath. “Get out” I whimpered. They were looking at each other. “I SAID GET OUT FROM MY ROOM….AND FROM MY LIFE” I yelled with anger and rage. They went out sighing deeply. I stood up to lock the door. Gina waited outside the room with an impatient look. “I just hate you guys…more than my family”, I said, slammed the door on their faces and locked it. I sat on the floor… It was indeed a D-Day…Flower…Nana…I just want to die…