heated talk

DAY 15 continued...

the tension between the two na'vi grew hotter and messier each sentence they spewed at each other. ki'ara was beginning to realize that in a way, lo'ak was right. only two people that loved each other would fight like this, but how was she supposed to know what being in love with someone is supposed to feel like?

ki'ara was non stop pacing back in forth, feeling enraged that neteyam had the audacity to talk down on her decision, and then show up to her home after avoiding her for basically MONTHS on end. "neteyam how am i supposed to feel after knowing that you think me changing was a stupid decision??!" huffing and puffing, scoffing at every turn, she could barely stand to look at him in front of her. "you, the ONE person i thought would be the most supportive, the most understanding-"

"understanding??" neteyam stood up quickly, cutting her off, feeling uneasy about the way his best friend was yelling at him. he never in his life wanted to be a cause of pain for her. the thought of her being angry with him hurt his chest unlike anything he's ever felt. "ki of course i understand why you could think this change would help how you feel but-"

"but WHAT? how could you even begin to imagine how i was feeling?? neteyam you were barely around. even for months before i talked to grace i never saw you. you've been the one avoiding me, but NOW... NOW you want to TELL ME what to do with my feelings??"

at this point she was standing directly in front of him, barking her words as close as she could get to his face that he could feel the heat of her breath puffing at his chest.

"NO KI!" becoming more frustrated, neteyam looked down at his feet, clenching his fists attempting to ground himself. taking a deep breath before continuing. "i'm not trying to tell you what you should do or should have done..." he took a tiny step closer to her, reaching his hand out for her shoulder, but she pulled away dramatically. "i just wish you'd talked to me about it before making this huge change."

"talked to you? neteyam come on you've been NOWHERE to be found. how am i supposed to come find you after not talking or hanging out for MONTHS, and just dump everything on you? especially with all of your own shit going on." she squeezed her palms on the sides of her head, trying to soothe a festering headache. inhaling deeply before saying, "i know that you know."

"know what?" neteyam asked, confused. he was unsure of where the conversation was heading, if they've made any progress in this argument. "i KNOW, that you know the truth about my parents... about my mother." finally settling her temper, ki'ara stepped past neteyam and plopped onto her bed, sitting slouched over.

"ki.... i'm sorry." he sat down next to her, gently lifting his hand to touch the exposed skin on her back. "my parents told me about a year ago... around the time where i picked up more training shifts and...got more busy i guess." looking at her hurting was breaking his heart, but all he could think to do to help was to keep rubbing her back. she sat bent over with her face in her hands breathing staggerdly and unevenly.

"so you found out this awful thing about my past.... and decided it was a good time to get space away from me? i don't understand neteyam. you come around now acting like you care so much, but when the moment counts, you're nowhere."

"i'm sorry! i- i had to. i had to remove myself for a while...i mean ever since we were kids we've been inseparable. but, as we grew older-"

"i know i know." she threw her head back slightly annoyed that he was using the same excuse for avoiding her. "you have a lot of duties in the clan and there's a lot expected from you. but that doesn't mean that-"

"no." his hand jumped off her back and landed above her knee, grabbing her attention back. she looked deeply into him, studying his body language, she could tell he was struggling with the words he wanted to say. "ki'ara, once we started getting older i-" he shook his head and his knee started bouncing with anxiousness. realizing this, ki'ara placed her hand on his knee as he did hers, ensuring that she was listening intently.

"neteyam just spit it out please you know how much i hate it when-" her words were abruptly interrupted by what he did next.

halfway through her sentence, neteyam snapped his head back up, taking her face in both of his hands and smushing his lips to hers passionately. he kissed her like he'd been drowning underwater and she was his air. he'd wanted to kiss her since he was 16, unsure if this would be his only chance, he wanted to memorize the moment. the feeling of her soft hair through his fingers, her warm cheeks getting warmer in his palms, the way her lips felt on his... he knew he shouldn't have jumped her like this, he was fully expecting her to pull away and yell at him some more... until he felt a warm hand wrap around his bicep and felt her begin to kiss him back.

the last thing ki'ara expected was for neteyam to kiss her, but for some reason once the initial shock went away, she felt relief. with one action, she felt like all of her questions have been answered. she had never kissed anyone before, but it felt so natural with him.

realizing how much she liked it, ki'ara pulled on his arms, guiding them around her waist before placing her hands on his shoulders. their lips intertwined poetically, as if they'd done this a million times before. a few moments of tender kisses went on before neteyam pulled her even closer to him, their chests squishing together like puzzle pieces. he took one of his hands and wrapped his fingers around her neck, using his thumb to gently pull on her chin, widening her mouth as their kiss became beautifully sloppy. he slipped his tongue into her mouth, gliding it across and around hers like a dance as he continued pulling her tightly into him.

ki'ara was getting used to the motions. the way their heads went to opposite sides with ease, the twirling of their tongues together, the feeling of his hot skin in her hands and underneath of her, as she was now in his lap.

the heat between them only grew hotter and they could both feel it. ki'ara didn't know all the details of how sex worked, but she knew the basics. she knew why she suddenly felt slippery between her legs, and she knew why her seat has suddenly become more dense. the two of them barely stopped enough to breathe before neteyam wrapped his arm all the way around her waist and flipped her onto her back with one swift motion. continuing their rough, perfect kiss, neteyam grew hungry. the moment he'd dreamt about for 7 years was more perfect than his imagination could've conjured up.

his eagerness grew almost as fast as his bulge. releasing his lips from hers for the first time in minutes, he began sucking on her neck and collarbones like they were candy. his hands roamed aimlessly across her torso before finding the top of her pretty blue and purple dyed leather bandeau that she made earlier. his lips and tongue traveled across the top of her chest playfully. as he began to pull the strap of leather down over her breasts, he felt her tense up. she inhaled sharply as his hand brushed over the thin fabric that separated her nipples from his fingers.

the sound of that breath snapped neteyam back to reality. he quickly jumped off of her, sitting back on his knees placing a hand on her ankle. "ki'ara i'm so sorry, are you okay? i- i don't know what just came over me."

she sat up slowly, folding in her legs so she could sit stable in front of him. "i'm okay, i'm more than okay. that  was... incredible? intense? confusing?" she said, laughing. "i'm really sorry i just... saying the words out loud is harder than i realized, and then my body just took over..." his thumb rubbed across her ankle bone nervously. she wasn't angry with him but he still felt guilty.

"saying what words teyam?" she leaned closer to him, intrigued. now she was eager to know what it was that he was struggling to say that lead to this wild interaction.

"ki'ara. i lied to you. i didn't stop hanging out with you because i got busier with my father and training... well, i did get busier but, the main reason was because... i was falling in love with you..."