ᴄᴀꜱᴄᴀᴅɪɴɢ ꜰᴀɪʟᴜʀᴇꜱ

Things for the kids were packed. Since DFS came by, they are taking the kids away placing them in foster care. Lily was not ready. Since Lily is not qualified to go, she now has to watch her siblings get taken away instead of her going with them.

With bags in their hands, all the Gallaghers walked outside where the same woman, Britney from child services, was waiting for them.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Hey, what the hell's going on?" Jimmy asked seeing everyone with bags about to enter the van where they were suppose to go in. "Department of Family Services is taking us away." Debbie said looking at her siblings with a sad look.

"They what? Can they do that?" He asked.

"It won't last, Debs. I promise. What was it last time? A week?" Fiona asked looking at down at her sister.

"Nine days."

"Aw, 20 bucks says we're back in five." Lip reassured her. Lily hugged Carl placing a kiss on his cheek. "I don't want to go." Carl said as he hugged her.

"It's ok buddy, you will be back before you know it." Lily assured him giving him a final kiss on the head before letting him go inside the van.

"See you later guys." Lily told her siblings grabbing Lip's hand before they closed the door. "Can I get their placement addresses from you now?" Lily asked Britney, standing next to Fiona.

"Not until the intake interviews with the children are complete." She said and Lily looked at Fiona. "Who reported us?" She asked seeing her get in the van.

"Come on! Who was it?" She asked once again but was pointless as they had already left. Lily let out a sigh running her fingers through her hair.

Lily walked back inside noticing that the house was empty and lonely seeing that no one was home. She heard the back door open and Daniel walked in. Lily quickly wiped her tears that were threatening to fall going over to Daniel.

"They took them." Lily said as she started cleaning up the place. She grabbed the laundry putting it the basket. She grabbed one of Carl and Ian's shirt as she stared at them. Lily looked up at Daniel with a sad look.

"I just want them to be safe." Lily said tightly holding the clothes as Daniel came and hugged her. "They will be." He reassured gently placing a kiss on her forehead.

- - -

Lily and Fiona were waiting nervously to be called. Lily kept biting her nails with leg was bouncing nervously. Fiona placed her hand on her knee stopping her.

"Gallagher?" Lily and Fiona stood up going over to where they had called them. "I was hoping to see Marilyn. She's been our caseworker the last couple of years." Fiona said as the two girls sat on the chairs as Britney sat on her desk.

"Well, the turnover rate in our field is quite high. It's really a wonder Marilyn lasted as long as she did. So how can I help you?" She asked with a kind smile.

"You can give me the addresses where the kids were placed." Lily said.

"I already told you, I can't give out any information about the case until the intakes are complete." She said and once again Lily's leg started bouncing out of anxiety.

"Come on. Marilyn always used to give me the info, just so I can know they're okay, and can get them stuff, like books or clothes, or whatever." Fiona said trying to convince her.

"Well, that is a clear violation of policy on Marilyn's part." Britney said grabbing her notepad writing something down.

"Hey. I know you think you're helping, but as someone who has been in and out of the system their whole life, I can tell you it's a nightmare. These kids have a two big sisters who loves them, and I just want to make sure they're okay. So give me something, Britney. I mean, break a goddamn rule." Lily said slamming her hand on the notepad that she had.