34 | Grief is a weird thing

Trigger warning: mentions of death

✧⁠*⁠。

Alhaitham's eyes fluttered open. He was greeted by your figure who was hugging his torso, seeking comfort. You were still fast asleep. He was sure this was the most peaceful he had ever seen you. His lips twitch up, forming a small smile as you move to hug him tighter. It might've been the cold air of the air conditioner that made you want to hug him tighter, nevertheless, he wrapped his arms around you tighter as well.

Alhaitham is a man who strictly follows his routine; he isn't one to procrastinate. However, today seems to be an exception to that. He doesn't mind staying in longer than he usually does. It's not like he has you in his arms every morning.

Your eyes slowly open before a yawn escapes your mouth. You were about to rub your eyelids with your fist but Alhaitham was quick to softly grab your hand away from your face.

"Hm?"

"It's a bad habit to rub your eyelids." The sound of Alhaitham's morning voice made you blink a few times, processing his words.

"Haitham?" You asked, looking at the man who had you caged up in his arms.

"Good morning,"

You didn't reply but you instead wrapped your arms around him again, burying your face into the crook of his neck, giving him a gentle squeeze. A hearty laugh escaped his lips. One that not many have the luxury to hear.

"You seem to be enjoying this, no?"

"You feel like home more than any house did."

Alhaitham could feel his lips curve up to a smile. "You flatter me, love."

You let out a huff. Your arms loosen around him before you give him a light punch. "Well, you fluster me more when you call me that!"

He chuckles. This time, it was he who wrapped his arms around you again. "Hm, should I stop then?"

Your eyes widened, you were unable to answer. You knew well he purposely said that to tease you. "Cat got your tongue, love?"

You grumble, face scrunching up before you turn and scooted away from him, your back was now facing him. "Ugh, shut up!"

An amused smile rested on his face before he moved closer, wrapping his arms around your waist to pull you closer to him. "You're the one shouting."

You remained silent, though you were squirming and kicking your legs, trying to get away from his grip. "If you're uncomfortable with our position, tell me and I'll let you go."

You stopped moving, "No, you just pissed me off."

"Did I accidentally push your buttons too far this early in the morning?" He asked as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"No, you purposely did and you know that!"

"Alright, alright. I apologize, love."

You groaned, "You're at it again!"

"You aren't stopping me though?"

"Just shut up!"

✧⁠*⁠。

The two of you went downstairs after a while. Alhaitham walked inside the kitchen, a hand holding yours. The kitchen was empty, however, you spotted a few maids watering the plants outside.

"Where's your chef?" You asked him. Alhaitham guided you to sit on one of the stools on the kitchen counter.

"Day off. I prefer to cook whenever I have the leisure to." You watched in awe as he swiftly took an apron, wrapping it around his body.

𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 ✧⁠* 𝐀𝐥𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara