01 | From You

✧⁠*⁠。

A child, wearing a flowy dress that reached her knees, and ribbons to top of the hairstyle she was wearing, was currently playing at a playground on top of a hill. You weren't completely alone, she had a personal maid who was currently buying her ice cream.

You were the only daughter of a businessman, the firstborn child to be exact. You didn't have playmates to play with; only your beloved cousin who was a year older than you. Yes, you had other cousins you could befriend, however, you were only fond of the blonde.

Your curiosity was perked upon seeing a child who looked around your age. He had gray hair, with eyes, even at your current age, you could confirm they were the prettiest you've ever seen. You stared at the boy. He was alone. Your eyes locked with his; you were then sure they were indeed the prettiest.

Without minding your personal maid's words about staying where she left you, you rushed towards the boy, a bright smile was on your face. You wanted to be his friend. Though it seems you weren't as fortunate as you thought. You accidentally tripped over a rock, making you crash towards the boy. The impact made the two of you fall.

You were fragile as a child. Upon hearing your cries, the boy stared at you with wide eyes.
The boy stood up and dusted his shorts before he looked at you and saw you were sitting down crying cause of the fall.

"Are you hurt?" He asked. You nodded, wiping your tears with your fists.

"Yes..." You sobbed.

The boy didn't know what to do. He hesitantly kneeled and patted your head. You stopped crying and looked up at him.

"It's okay. Accidents can happen. You have to be careful now." He says as he continues to pat your head.

"Y/n!" Your maid who saw what happened, came running as soon as she heard your cries. She picked you up and cradled you in her arms, caressing your hair. "Shh, it's alright now, little one."

She looks at the boy, "Thank you. I'm sorry about the fall, but if she didn't land on you, she would've probably been injured."

The boy could only nod and watch as your cries stopped. He was debating in his head whether or not he would ask why you ran towards him. "Why were you running?"

You and the maid that was carrying you looked at the boy. "I wanted to talk to you."

"Why?"

"So we can be friends."

He stared at you for a second. "I don't make friends and I don't think we'll meet again."

His words were enough to crush a child's heart. You were still processing his words, though he walked away as soon as he saw another elder whom he had with just a few moments ago.

You blinked before crying again. Your maid was quick to stop your cries. "Why doesn't he want to be friends with me?" You asked while crying.

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way, little one."

2nd encounter

It has been over 2 years since that happened. You were currently at the age of 7. You accompanied your parents to a birthday party. It was a rather formal event and you got bored quickly after a few trips to the snack bar that was meant for kids.

You didn't know whose birthday this was. Your father had only told you that it was the birthday party of his close friend's son. Without informing your parents, you walked away from where everyone was and went outside.