Arranged marriage

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" she teased, her tone laced with amusement. "Did someone have a little too much fun last night?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration at her teasing. "It's not like that, noona," I replied, trying to defend myself. "It was just a misunderstanding. Nothing happened between us."

Jung Soo's grin softened into a more understanding expression as I began to recount the events of the previous night. I explained how Seong Jin had manipulated the situation and how I had intervened to protect Si Jun.

Listening intently, Jung Soo's playful demeanor shifted, replaced by a look of concern and empathy. "That must have been so stressful for you," she remarked, her voice sympathetic.

I nodded, grateful for her understanding. "Yeah, it was tough," I admitted. "But I couldn't just stand by and let Seong Jin hurt Si Jun."

Jung Soo reached out and squeezed my hand reassuringly. "I'm proud of you for standing up for her," she said sincerely. "You did the right thing, Jungkook." Her words warmed my heart, knowing that she supported me.

"Do you love Si Jun?" She asked, her eyes searching mine for an answer. I glanced around nervously, feeling the weight of her question.

"No... you know I don't believe in love," I replied, my voice tinged with uncertainty, and turned away to shield myself from her probing gaze. She stepped closer, concern etched on her face.

"Thankfully, you don't believe in love. Dad mentioned that a couple came in the morning to meet you," she informed me. I furrowed my brows in confusion and turned to face her.

"To meet me? Why?" I questioned, puzzled by the unexpected revelation.

"Yeah, they arranged their daughter's marriage with you," she explained matter-of-factly. My jaw clenched in frustration at the thought of being thrust into an arranged marriage against my will.

"I won't marry anyone," I declared, trying to keep my anger in check.

"Why not? Dad has already decided. You have to marry that girl," Noona retorted. I shook my head adamantly.

"I WON'T," I yelled, my frustration bubbling to the surface.

"Why?" she persisted.

“BECAUSE I LOVE SI JUN," I blurted out, my heart racing as the words hung in the air. Noona burst into laughter, and I felt a flush of embarrassment creep up my neck. I turned away to hide my face, feeling flustered.

"Noona," I muttered irritably, furrowing my brows. Her laughter grated on my nerves; she shouldn't be mocking me like this.

"My Kookie is in love," she teased, wrapping me in a hug to conceal my embarrassment. Despite my annoyance, I couldn't help but chuckle along with her.

"Did you confess her?" she asked gently after a moment, her tone softening. I nodded hesitantly, my mind racing with doubts and fears.

"I did," I admitted reluctantly.

"And what did she say?" she prompted.

"Nothing....and now I'm scared," I confessed, feeling a knot of anxiety forming in my stomach.

"Of what?" she inquired.

"Of many things. I don't want to hear 'no' from her, but I don't want to hear 'yes' either because I don't think she deserves a guy like me. Taehyung likes her too, and I think she'll be happier with him," I explained, my voice tinged with uncertainty. Noona shook her head, a knowing smile playing on her lips.

"You gave up on her once before, thinking she deserved someone else. What happened then? She confessed her love for you. She admitted she didn't want to be with anyone else. She only had those feelings for you. Don't give up on her, Jungkook. You deserve happiness too, and I've seen how happy she makes you," Noona reminded me gently, her words resonating deep within me.

"I do feel happy around her, but she seems scared around me. I don't understand why she thinks I'm going to hurt her. I've never had any intention of hurting her," I confessed, my frustration evident in my voice.

"It's because she overthinks everything, and your behavior doesn't help. You're always so reserved, your face often wearing a scowl. It's intimidating, Jungkook. She's sensitive, so she can't help but assume the worst," Noona explained.

"What should I do? I've tried so hard to show her I'm not a bad person," I sighed, feeling defeated.

"Just keep trying to earn her trust. Once she sees herself through your eyes, she'll realize her place in your life," Noona reassured me, her words offering a glimmer of hope.

"And don't worry. She's a good person, and a good heart won't ignore your efforts. Your sincerity will win her over again," she added with a reassuring smile.

"I hope so," I murmured, clinging to her words like a lifeline.

"But noona, what were you saying when you came in my room about Mr. Jeon?" I inquired, my voice tinged with concern. "What did he do this time?"

Jung Soo's gasp caught me off guard, and I watched as her expression shifted, her eyes widening in apprehension. "Jungkook, Dad arranged your marriage with Seo Jin," she blurted out, her words hitting me like a ton of bricks. "And he told me to tell you about it. The engagement ceremony is set for the last weekend of this month."

My eyes widened in disbelief at her words, my heart hammering in my chest as the reality of her announcement sinks in. "What!" I exclaimed, my voice laced with shock and frustration.

The weight of my father's decision pressed down on me, leaving me feeling suffocated by the suddenness of it all. "This is insane," I muttered, my mind racing with a million thoughts and emotions. "I can't believe he would do something like this without even consulting me."

Fueled by determination and frustration, I stormed out of the room, my mind made up. "I'm not going to marry anyone other than Si Jun," I declared firmly, my voice resolute as I made my way to confront Mr. Jeon.

Entering Mr. Jeon's room, my anger boiled over, and I wasted no time in confronting him about his decision. "How dare you fix my marriage without asking me?" I demanded, my tone sharp with indignation.

Mr. Jeon's response only served to further fuel my frustration. "Seo Jin is beautiful and comes from a well-mannered family," he argued, but his words fell on deaf ears.

"I don't care if she's the most beautiful girl on the planet," I retorted, my fists clenched at my sides. "I'm not going to marry anyone."

His next words hit a nerve, igniting a fire within me. "Why? Are you still hung up on that street beggar-looking girl, Si Jun?" he sneered, his words dripping with disdain.

I gritted my teeth, my anger reaching its peak at the mention of Si Jun. "No, I don’t just like her. I love her," I confessed, my voice unwavering despite the intensity of the moment.

Mr. Jeon's reaction was immediate, his jaw clenching in anger at my defiance. But I stood my ground, unwavering in my resolve. "I'm going to marry her, and her alone. Remember that," I declared firmly before turning on my heel and exiting the room.

As I made my way down the corridor, my heart raced with a mixture of determination and uncertainty. But one thing remained clear: I would do whatever it took to be with Si Jun, no matter the obstacles that stood in our way.

*************************

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Follow to read more stories like this.

See you soon. Till then bye.