Chapter 84

"Oh god oh god oh god I killed him..." Edward sat against the wall as the body of the teen he'd just hit with a metal robotic piece laid bleeding in the hallway. He couldn't see his face but he remembered his eyes going wide when he was hit. He covered his face with his hands and wheezed for air. He didn't mean to kill him. He hit him because he just wants out of here. The crocodile said there was danger where he was going. He thought something was coming for him. This was more blood on his hands. First Jack and Faraday, and now this random person. He needed to get out of here but he can't move fast enough. He puts one hand on his ribcage, feeling the bones grind against each other as he breathed in. He was hit by a truck, what did he expect? He got himself to his feet. This was the teen who was with the man earlier wasn't it? He said he wasn't going to hurt him. Edward wheezes as he leaned against the wall. Why couldn't he have just stayed dead. He just wanted to pass on. He stumbles out into the hallway but hears heavy footsteps from the weird go kart holding bay and staggered back into the room. He was fucked.

"Ow-" he winced as he shifted and something popped in his side. He moved behind one of the crates in this room, which was partially open and revealed a shiny new go-kart in green and purple. He sat behind that box as the heavy footsteps got closer.

"Oh dear! Devon!" a high, robotic voice called, running over to the teen he'd struck down.

"Chica!" a male voice called after a fluttering of wings. Edward listened as the two voices began to speak in rather distressed tones. It helped him to calm down and stay still. He couldn't quite hear them as rustling and footsteps, but he caught the words "Hudson" and "nearby" and something about looking for anything else down here. The heavy footsteps receded and smaller more frequent ones ran to where the man would still be.

"You found Devon but where's Toby?" a woman's voice spoke clearly.

"I should go back with Chica to make sure he's ok," a different woman said before footsteps left the area.

"He's nearby, probably looking for whoever did that. There's no way he did that to himself. Where's Hudson?" the man asked. There was a fluttering of wings.

"First off, stop using your power you're making me nauseous. Second off, I'll check the main storage area, there's plenty of halls around, check them for Toby and anyone else," the first woman spoke assertively.

"Be careful. He's probably overwhelmed and it means he might attack the first person he sees. Keep your flashlight on," the man warned the woman. One of them walked away and the other stayed just outside the door. Edward held his breath as one of them stepped into the room. They looked around for a bit, looking inside the box. Edward covered his mouth and stayed still.

"Sam! I found blood!" the woman called from outside the room. The man's footsteps ran out of the room. This was his chance. He stood, being careful to not move anything or make any noise. He looked out of the room for anyone before he began to stagger down the hallway, clutching his side. He couldn't be found. They'd send him somewhere and they'd find out he was dead and he'd be a science experiment. The woman and man's voice grew further away as he worked through the back hallways. He turned a corner, lost in this maze of tunnels and let his eyes adjust to the lack of light, as this hallway had no working lights. He probably wouldn't be found if he was here. He hurried as much as he could and sat behind a trolley of sorts, catching his breath. Everything hurt. His breath quickened as a sharp pain shot through his side. Tears ran down his face as he tried to stay quiet. Why would the crocodile send him back here. Where is he. A clattering down the hall made him turn his head a bit too quickly and caused him to grit his teeth to not make a noise. He couldn't see anything in the darkness but saw a can roll across the hallway. He watched it before attempting to stand. He couldn't stay here. Edward mustered his strength and forced himself upright.

"Wh0'$ tH3re?" a sharp and distorted voice snapped. It sound like it was right behind him, causing him to push off of the wall and turn around to see nothing but darkness. He struggles to stay upright as his breathing becomes more labored. He didn't want to be here anymore. He didn't mean to hurt anybody. He felt something touch his side, causing him to cry out in pain, and fall sideways, making a commotion with trolley as he tried to catch himself with it. The woman's voice drifted up the hall but she was too far away. Whatever was in the dark with him was going to kill him. Maybe he would get to rest.