Unbelievable

Violet's POV
"Violet, if you die, I... I don't know what I'd do." Jack said, softly.
"Maybe I could come back as a ghost and haunt you." I said, trying to cheer him up.
"Eh, if only there was a way to convince Slender to not kill you."
"Yeah."
"He's a black hearted person... man... creature. I don't know what he has against humans, but it seems like a dark hatred. Why does Slender have to be this way?"
"I already told you that I can't answer that question." said a deep voice.
"Slender?" Jack said, looking upwards. I turned around and looked up, as well. There he was; Slenderman. I sat there in awe and in fear, staring at a smooth, expressionless face. Long, black tentacles came out of Slender's back. He had his hands folded in front of him. If Slender had an actual face, I could imagine him with sharp, narrow eyes, and a smug, heartless expression. Death was literally a few steps away. My life was about to end.

Jack's POV
"Jack, I hope that your goodbyes are over with." Slender said in disgust.
"No. No, not yet. Please, no." I pleaded
"Yes."
"No, Slender, you can't...please? You can't... you just can't!"
"What did I tell you about getting in my way?"
"I don't care if I die! At least we'll be together in death."
"Ha! Jack, don't you know that even in death you two can't be together? If you die, then it's strait to hell. If she dies, she goes to a better place. No mater what you do, Jack, the two of you are not allowed to be together... whether it be by my rules or by someone else's."

I looked at him. I was horrified by what he was saying. I was disgusted by his attitude towards the matter at hand. I was fearful of what he was going to do to Violet. Why? Why is this happening? Why is this the life that I live? Why?

I stood up, attempting to stand up to Slender. I couldn't control myself, my legs gave out on me and I fell to my knees. Tears fell down my cheeks once again. "Why?" I said, just letting the words fall out of my mouth. "Why are you doing this. Why do things have to be this way? How can you do this to me? You're supposed to be my "father". What kind of father does this to his "son"?" I said. More tears dripped down from my eyes. Slender was silent. He crossed his arms and just stood there. I looked up at him, wiping away the tears from my face. He looked down.

"Don't look at me like that." Slender said.
"Why?"
"Just stop crying already."
"How can I? You're going to kill my girlfriend!"
"Stop it, Jack."
"What, are you starting to feel guilty? You, Slenderman, feel guilty about wanting to kill someone?"
"Not possible. It's just... you're right. How can a father do something like this to his son? It's not right. I can't do this to you. I grant you both mercy. I can't do this."
"What?"
"I said, I can't do this. I changed my mind, ok?"
"So, I can be with Violet? You're not going to kill her?"
"No, I'm not. I love you too much to kill someone you care about this much. I love you too much to kill you. Fathers care for their children, they don't kill them."
"Slender... thank you. Thank you so much... dad."

Slender disappeared. It was over. Violet was going to live. Violet! I turned around. Violet was crying, but she was also... smiling? "Violet, are you okay?" I asked, confused.
"Okay? Of course I'm okay! I've never been better! Your relationship with your dad is a lot more close than it used to be, I'm not going to die, and we get to be together! This is amazing. I'm so happy that I could smile everyday, for the rest of my life!"
"Then why are you crying?"
"They're tears of joy, Jack."
"I've never heard of those." Violet smiled and hugged me. We were together. Nothing could tear us apart. She was happy... and so was I.