Don't Go

Jack's POV
Violet was laughing and smiling as the farris wheel went round and round. I turned up the speed on the machinery so that it wasn't so slow. When Violet got tired of the ride, I let her off and we ran around the carnival grounds, playing tag, singing songs, and sneeking up on each other. I felt as though Violet was finally having real fun. She was smiling, laughing, yelling, just doing whatever and not worrying about anything. I made her happy. I was the reason she was smiling. Only if she knew how I really felt about her.

Violet's POV
Jack was tiring me out. I was having so much fun. We did everything possible that you could do at a carnival. It was great. The only problem was that it was getting dark. "Violet, I think it's time that I take you home." Jack said.
"Aw, but Jack, we were having so much fun." I said.
"I know, but it's getting dark, and there are no lights out here."
"Ok. Maybe you're right."
"See." Jack lifted me up we headed for home.

We finally reached my house and Jack sat me down. "Goodnight Violet." Jack said. He waved goodbye and was about to leave, when I grabbed his hand. "Don't go." I said, softly.
"Why not?" he asked.
"I don't want you to leave." He looked at me, confused. "I-... I'm scared... I'm scared that painter guy will come back." I said quickly.
"He won't."
"But what if he does?"
"Okay, I won't leave, but where am I going to stay?"
"We'll figure something out."

I went inside. Jack got on his stomach and army crawled through the front door. He was inside, but where would he sleep? Considering that none of the beds in this house were big enough for him, I grabbed as many blankets as possible and set them aside in the living room. Jack and I moved the couch out of the way, leaving a large, open space on the carpeted floor. I took the blankets and made a giant, makeshift bed on the floor. I went and grabbed a few pillows from my room and set them in place on the "bed". Perfect.

I went up to my room and changed into a tank top and some basketball shorts, then headed down stairs. Jack was sitting on the makeshift bed, listening to some music that was on the TV. He looked up at me and turned bright red.

Jack's POV
Violet had on a tank top that was tight in all the places that I didn't want them to be. Her long legs were hard to stop looking at. She took my breath away. I've never seen her in such clothing and I couldn't help myself from staring. She was so beautiful.

She noticed me staring. I smiled. "Hey, Violet." I said awkwardly. She smiled back. "Hi Jack." Violet said, sitting down next to me. Oh, no, now she's close to me. Uh, why does she have to be so pretty? Her hair fell onto her shoulders. At least some of her was covered up.

We sat there, watching TV. Violet began getting tired. She laid down. I didn't want to make things more awkward by sitting up, so I laid down as well. She scooted close to me. Great. I soon found myself fighting off sleep, as my eyelids began getting heavier. Before I knew it, I was asleep myself.