"Summer"

Violet's POV
"Come on sweetie, what's the answer?" mom asked.
"Mom, for every other kid it's summer. Why do I have to do review for the next homeschool year?" I asked. She looked at me pitifully. "I'm sorry, honey, I just want you to be ready for next year." She hugged me and patted my cheek. "Could you go to the store then and pick up some groceries?"
"I just got my license though."
"And that's exactly why you need practice."
"Fine." She smiled and handed me the keys. Here goes nothing.

Jack's POV
"Oh my God, her mom is letting her drive the car! By herself! What if she crashes? What if she runs out of gas? What if someone runs her off the road?" Toby poked me out of my trance. "Dude se-, set-... calm down, she's just going to the store." Toby said as Hoodie nodded. Masky sat there, bored out of his mind. "You're right. I'm sorry, guys. Can we follow her though?" I asked. Toby nodded and got up. "Let's go Jack." he said. I grinned.

As Violet pulled out of the driveway, we all sprinted after her, ducking and hiding within the tress and bushes along the road. Violet has gotten so much better at driving over these past couple of years. She looks so independent behind the wheel of the red mustang that her mom had gotten her for her sixteenth birthday. Maybe Toby was right when he said I was a stalker.

Technically, I don't stalk Violet. She's just been alone for all her life. Her mom homeschools her because Violet's dad is insane and hunts for her by hacking into school computer systems. Poor Violet only was in kindergarten for two weeks. Her mom had to move her all way from Montana to here in California. She never let Violet go to public school again. She's never had a real friend, but one day I'll be her friend. She'll never have to be alone again. She'll have me.

Violet's POV
"Okay Violet, calm down. You can do this. Don't crash. Keep your eyes on the road." I said, talking to myself. I turned on the radio, hoping to calm my nerves. Nicotine by Panic! At the Disco came on. Okay, it was better than silence. I finally made it to the store. Now, what am I getting? I checked the list that my mom gave me; eggs, milk, soda, cookies. At least it wasn't a lot.