Chapter 40: Progress Further P1

Start from the beginning

Changbin shoots at the zombie once we reach close enough, but it's risky as it attracts even more zombies nearby. I quickly pull Han up, trying to bring him back to the van quickly. He has the zombie's blood splattered all over his arms, shirt, and face from Changbin shooting the creature on top of him.

Both of our breathing is heavy as we all finally rush into the van. One of the bodyguards step on the gas quickly once we shut the van door and drives off within the speed of light.

I turn my head to look at Han who's sitting at my side, gasping for air as he tries to calm down from the horrifying experience of being attacked by such a scary being.

"Are you okay, Jisung?" I reach my hand out to stroke his hair gently, trying to calm him down.

He nods and shakes his head, getting the horrifying thoughts and images out of his head. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I look forward and see Changbin holding a ziplock bag with a whole ass hand from one of the zombies.

"The fuck are you doing with that?"

"Sample for Seungmin. He asked for a body part, he can use the blood to extract the virus and make a cure."

Minho scoffs. "Should've brought the heart instead."

Changbin raises an eyebrow. "The fuck you want me to do? Claw through the chest and rip it out? Out of your goddamn mind!"

Everyone laughs and Changbin starts waving the bag with the hand at us, trying to scare us.

"Ew! Get that away!" Han gagged.

- ,, 5:12pm

I arrive home and immediately go upstairs to see my favorite person. I open the door to my bedroom and step inside. There she was, my girlfriend laying on the bed and watching...the news on the TV. Again?? She's paranoid at this point.

I close the door behind me quietly before waking towards the bed. I lean over her body and press my cold lips to her warm cheek.

"How's my sweetheart doing?" I whisper.

Y/N looks up immediately and a grin spreads across her face. Her body turns onto its back and she reaches her arms out to me excitedly. "Baby!"

I laugh and lean into her comfy embrace. She wraps her arms around me tightly and I pull her legs around mine, our bodies tangling together.

"I missed you, Channie."

"Oh you did, did you?"

I grin and nuzzle my face into her neck. Her perfume always smells so good, it turns me on every time. Even without perfume sprayed on her, she smells amazing.

"Why are you sniffing me?"

"Cause you smell good."

She grins and leans down to kiss my forehead. I moan and move forward to kiss her on the lips. Her lips are so warm compared to mine, since I've been out in the cold. I just want to kiss her all da-

"Ow! What was that for?" I pull back, furrowing my eyebrows. She had bitten my lip.

She looks embarrassed. "Sorry, that was a mistake. I've been getting sloppy with everything lately."

My expression softens. She's been going through it lately, it's been about a month and a half that she's been pregnant but she's been having "morning" sickness all the time, lots of aches, can't even rest right.

My hand reaches out to cup her cheek. "It's okay, doll. I know. You're really tired. Don't worry about pleasing me or anything if you don't feel like it."

Y/N smiles and kisses my cheek before pulling me back into a cuddle.

God, my baby is so adorable. And I'm going to have an adorable baby with her too. I grin happily at the thought, my hand naturally finding it's way to her tiny baby bump. It's not that noticeable, she only looks a bit bloated, just a small pouch. But I can already feel fatherhood coming to me. I feel so happy. Although it's a risky move and I wasn't very ready for this, even Y/N wasn't ready, I'd cherish our child forever. And even our other children if we ever have more than one.

Before I met her, marrying and having children was out of the question for me, especially since I had always been focused on my work, my future, my path. I never took a day off back in my teens and earlier twenties. Never thought about dating. Nothing. But now, I realize how much I've missed out on my life just by avoiding the enjoyable things. And I'm glad Y/N came into my life. She's my pride and joy now. All I ever think about is her. Even when I'm busy, I think about her. She gives me motivation, boosts my confidence, gives me strength, provides me comfort. I can't see a life without her. And if I ever hurt her again like I did before...I wouldn't ever forgive myself.

"Chris?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look down at her. My fingers move to tuck a few stray strands of hair behind her ear.

"Yes, babygirl?"

"What are you thinking about?" Y/N's eyes are curious now. Such lovely eyes. I love when she asks such questions. I want to share everything with her, all of my thoughts and ideas.

"I'm just thinking how lucky I am to have you. How I love you so much..."

My lips press against the soft skin of her forehead. I told her tight against me, not ever wanting to let go. But I feel wetness against my neck after a few minutes. I look down and see her crying silently.

My lips twist into a frown and my eyebrows furrow in concern. "What's wrong, Y/N?"

"It's nothing bad...I just love you so much. You're so sweet, you always take care of me." She sniffles, her nose and cheeks all pink. An adorable sight.

I laugh softly and wipe her tears with my thumbs. "The pregnancy hormones getting to ya already?"

She nods and laughs slightly with me.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

I was going to write a bit more but I'm getting really sleepy cause I've only had like 4 hours of sleep today 😭 so I'll post the next half maybe in the morning or afternoon!! Goodnight, don't let the boogeyman bite :D

ೃ⁀➷