Homefront

"you're moving?" Elle asks, she's holding a Squirtle plushie so she doesn't look all that serious but her distress and anxiety is clear to Maya, Lucy, and Tim.

"I got a once in a lifetime opportunity up in San Francisco" Maya explains.

"you're the most affordable babysitter in LA" Elle huffs. 

"well, you've been making friends at work..." Maya starts.

"friends who work the same hours as me, Maya" Elle responds.

"look, I'm sorry, I really am" Maya apologizes.

"no, no, it's okay, I'll figure something out" Elle murmurs.

"Are you sure?" Maya asks.

"yeah, when are you moving?" Elle inquires.

"next week" Maya responds.

"oh" Elle replies, her eyes widening. "okay"

Maya looks to Tim and Lucy. "I have to go, I'll text you later"

"yeah, bye" Elle nods as Maya takes her leave.

"Elle" Lucy starts. 

"Zoe-... and now this... I can't-..." Elle says, starting to cry.

"we'll figure it out, I promise" Lucy hugs Elle who starts to cry into Lucy's neck. 

"Mommy, Jake got a splinter" Max rushes into the room. 

"I got it" Tim promises Elle, leading Max away while Lucy comforts Elle.

"I'm sure we can find another babysitter" Lucy soothes her.

"h-how do you know that?" Elle sniffles. 

"I'm confident, I promise" Lucy promises. 

"okay" Elle whispers, shakily.

[Twelve Hours Later]

"Her babysitter is moving? damn" Nolan curses when Tim tells him in the locker room.

"I know" Tim sighs. "but it's not just that"

"what is it?" Nolan asks, walking closer to Tim when he realizes Tim doesn't want to say it too loud. 

"with Zoe gone and Elle's training becoming more rigorous, Elle needs all of her down time to relax and to study, not raise four kids, at least not alone. When Zoe was there, Zoe could take some of that burden but instead Elle has the added burden of grief, it's going to drown her" Tim explains.

"what should we do?" Nolan questions.

"I don't know, part of me wants to have her move in with me but I only have one guest bedroom and I couldn't coop them all up in there" Tim replies. 

"her own apartment is barely big enough for all of them now, I think Max is sharing a room with Jake" Nolan nods.

"And Jake, Elle is going through the whole process to try and get him a permanent family while doing with all of the paperwork that comes with Cassie" Tim sighs.

"Cassie is Jake's sister who OD'd right?" Nolan asks.

"what are you two talking about?" Jackson asks, approaching the two of them.

"nothing" Tim and Nolan say at the same time.

Jackson's eyebrows furrow but it's clear he's not welcome in the conversation so he just nods and walks away.

"yeah, and Elle is paying for her to be in rehab" Tim answers, turning back to Nolan.

"how?" Nolan gapes.