Chapter 14

Callista put on her lapis lazuli accessories and put on her laurel wreath. It's time for her departure, and Odin already reminds her of what to do during breakfast earlier and walks out of her room.

Frigg, who will be sending her off, looks at Callista from up and down before sighing. "I really don't know how you will be able to fight wearing those kinds of outfits. Beauty is really something that Greeks must be proud of."

Callista is wearing a white dress with a plunge neck, long sheer waterfall sleeves with ruffles, and a thigh split with her white heels. "What can I say? The females at Mount Olympus are always beautiful the moment they are born. It's a shame if we're not showing it."

"You must be taught by Aphrodite," Frigg uttered as she started walking, followed by Callista and her lady in waiting.

"Indeed, I am. And I'm proud of it."

Callista looked at the rainbow bridge that was right in front of her eyes. Never in her entire life did she think that she could walk on this bridge, but here she is. Standing on it. She is standing on Bifrost, a rainbow-colored bridge that connects Asgard and Midgard, allowing the Norse gods to enter mortal realms. Heimdall, an Aesir god with keen vision, stood guard at the bridge's entrances, ready to sound the Gjallarhorn if enemies passed by.

"Then we hope for you to have a good journey." Frigg waved at her as Callista started walking to the bridge.

Arriving at the end of the bifrost, Callista could see a figure waiting for her. "And who might you be? I didn't get a notice that someone would be escorting me towards the academy," Callista asked as she finally stepped down from the Bifrost. 

She could finally see the boy, whom she believes is the same age as her. He is tall and beautiful, and he exudes danger. He is a tall man with broad shoulders and a muscular physique. His muscular physique balances out his face. His features include blonde hair that is slightly wavy and cut short. His face has an angular shape, with a sharp jaw, thin lips, thick brows, and eyes. They're gray orbs that stared intensely, eyes that you could easily drown in because they're so sharp and breathtaking. Eyes that can see through a soul while also cutting like a knife.

"A last-minute notice." His voice conveys boredom and clearly doesn't want to be here.

"Alright, then." Callista shrugged and followed him.

"But due to these changes, I'm quite late for my patrol around the sighting of the Frost Giant. Let's make this quick so I can do my role." That statement got Callista's attention, and she smiled.

"Then take me with you." Callista raised her eyebrows when the man chuckled.

"You? Can you keep up with an Asgardian?" He asked, and Callista smirked.

"Want to see it? Then lead the way, Asgardian, and you'll see what a demigod of a Greek goddess can do."

A sudden wind blew to them as the figures of the two disappeared, running, led by the Asgardian, followed by Callista.

The Asgardian was quite impressed that a girl like her, who is fully sheltered and covered with jewelry, could catch up with him as he ran. I arrived at a cold and barren forest with very little sunlight.

"Be careful with your head, Greek. You might have lost it," he warned, and Callista inspected where they were. A forest in Jotunheim. It seems like a Frost Giant was lost with the others and found itself in this place. Sensing the danger that the forest was omitting, a sword appeared on her hand, ready to fight whatever monsters wanted her life.

"Ooh...a lioness,"

Callista jumped to the side as an icy wolf appeared in front of her, positioning her sword to cut it head-on. "I prefer to be called a peacock." Callista stops running when the Asgardian stops and puts his arms in front of her to stop. Callista glanced at what was in front of them.

"So, that's a Frost Giant. It doesn't look like a giant to me. Is it possible if I can slay it all by myself?"

"Please do so,"

Skyller leaned into one of the trees while staring at how the girl walked with confidence in the snow, going to the Frost Giant.

"Now, let me see, what can you do? "

Callista stood in front of the giant that looked down at her, not wanting to be looked down on. A slow smile crept onto her face as soon as she got to hear the giant talking.

"ENEMY!! "A forceful tone could be heard as the giant threw a punch towards Callista, who didn't even move an inch from her place. A solid, semi-translucent sphere covered Callista, who was chuckling, knowing that the giant was already in her hands.

"Where is your base? Where are you headed to?"Callista's voice changes; she is emitting an astonishingly beautiful and enchanting voice, making the Giant answer her question. The moment the giant talked, Callista already put him under her vocal mind control, one of the variations of the ability that she inherited from Hera, mind control. Using her voice, Callista can compel someone just by speaking to them, and they are powerless to resist. She has the ability to persuade others to harm or kill themselves.

"Niflheimr."

Callista's expression hardened when she felt someone forcing their way into her ability. "KILL YOURSELF! "

Callista glared at the giant's body, which cracked its neck and went down. That order is not only for the giant but also a warning to the person who is trying to stop her.

"Someone is already getting on my nerves. I wonder who you might be. "Callista whispered before she gave the Asgardian a once-over look, who was standing next to her.

"Impressive. It seems like you know your way." Callista withdraws her ability and swirls her hair around her finger.

"I can do a lot. This is just the bare minimum, wanna see? "Skyller's lips flick up to a smirk while gazing her up and down; the girl in front of him is implying something.

"Let me see it, then."

Callista, clearly already in the process of rebelling against her strict mother, threw her arms over his shoulders and pulled him closer to her, feeling a fire ignite.

"Lead the way, Asgard." Before Callista could finish, Skyllar pressed his lips to her, putting his hands on her hip, pulling her closer to him.

Smirking to herself, Callista can't help but think about how her mother will be furious at what she will be doing in this place. She can't supervise her actions in this place since this is not her domain.