decisions

The sun had risen by the time we had reached the car. I had immediately collapsed against the green SUV when we arrived, sliding down the side until I was sat with my back leaning against the cool exterior. Glenn quickly dropped to the ground before me, sitting with his back to the road as Michonne stood against the car, watching over us.

Sitting silently with my new acquaintances, my mind drifted back to Woodbury. Every ache in my body constantly reminded me of what I had just escaped. My heart raced as I struggled to push away the haunting thoughts that threatened to consume my sanity. Despite the outward appearance of calm composure that I forced myself to maintain in front of Glenn and Michonne, inside, I was crumbling under the weight of the trauma.

I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts as the sound of footsteps in the woods behind me sent a cold shiver down my spine. I locked eyes with Glenn, sharing a look of concern as Michonne pushed herself from the side of the car. I hoped it was Rick and Maggie returning with Daryl, but I couldn't help but worry that it was the Governor preparing to drag us all back to Woodbury. Sweat dripped down my forehead as I struggled to my feet.

My heart raced as I scanned the trees, searching for any sign of danger. The tension in the air was unmistakable, and I couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom. I gripped Oscar's gun tightly, ready to defend the group at a moment's notice. The uncertainty of our situation weighed heavily on my mind, and I prayed for a miracle to come our way. As the footsteps drew closer, I braced myself for whatever was coming our way, determined to fight for our survival no matter what.

"Glenn!" Rick's voice called out, calming the tension that was radiating throughout us. I released a breath I hadn't realized I was holding before I helped Glenn to his feet. The first thing I noticed as we ran towards the returning group was the concern on Rick's face. I creased my brow in confusion before looking at the other members, immediately noticing Merle following closely behind them.

"I need you to back up." Rick urged, holding his arms out as Glenn, Michonne, and I immediately riled up.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn yelled, raising his pistol as Michonne pulled out her sword, ready to swing. I lifted Oscar's gun, staring Merle down. I was immediately faced with Daryl screaming at me to drop the weapon. Rick had his own gun raised at Michonne as Maggie approached Glenn.

"He tried to kill me!" Michonne yelled. My eyes stayed locked onto Merle, refusing to drop my weapon. Anger washed over me, my insides seething with fury at his audacity to show his face among the group he had terrorized. Merle looked over the group before looking at his brother, his eyes meeting mine. Feelings of fear and helplessness flooded back as I looked into his eyes before a wave of loathing washed over me, threatening to consume me whole. The tension in the group was thick as Rick and Daryl tried to talk us down.

"He helped us get out of there." Daryl advocated, his hands raised defensively in front of me. I looked away from Merle briefly to glance at the younger brother.

"Yeah, right after he beat the shit out of you," Rick argued.

"Hey, we both took our licks, man." Merle defended himself, bringing my attention back to him. I readjusted my gun, taking a step forward to pass Daryl. He reacted instantly, whipping his crossbow off his back before aiming it in my direction.

"Drop it." He warned. I kept my eyes locked on Merle's cocky smirk. He was enjoying this, and it was only making me more furious.

Much to everyone's surprise, Glenn turned his weapon on Daryl. "Leave her alone." He warned, gun steady. I felt a surge of gratitude towards Glenn for standing up for me.

I knew Daryl was trying to protect his brother, but I couldn't ignore the fact that he was pointing a weapon at me. The tension in the group was thick, and I could feel the weight of everyone's eyes on me. I knew I had to make a decision. Do I trust Daryl and lower my weapon, or do I stand my ground against Merle? Taking a deep breath, I made my choice and slowly lowered the gun.