prologue

++++

"I told you not to come back here." She spoke in a warning tone, the door wide open.

The man opposite her could have easily walked through her, though he knew her power and with that she would've just as quickly thrown him out the window just to the right of them. The man looked down at her with a pleading eyes.

"Just this last time, for my daughter." He looked towards his right where his toddler stood. Madelyn followed his gaze to the girl on the older man's phone, then back at him. "As much as I want to help you out, I don't." The female stopped and looked around.

Reconsidering her decision for a moment, she had history with this man and he was with a child, it would be cruel not to help, wouldn't it? Closing her eyes before opening them once more she sighed. "Sorry, I can't help you."

All of a sudden feeling guilty. "Maddie plea-" His plea got cut off by another voice. "She said 'she can't help you.'" Madelyn and Chris both flung their heads' in the direction of down the hall.

Madelyn was quick to react and reached where her waistband was, a hand pistol was hiding, she felt for it. She noticed Chris' eyes on the man and hiding his daughter from the male. "Who are you?" Madelyn questioned.

The unknown male continued to walk closer to them, "Detective Grayson, I have some questions regarding a case I'm working on." He spoke, pulling out a badge that read 'Gotham Police Department.'

"Maddie, what did you do?" Chris spoke looking at her.

The only thing she could manage to mutter was, "fuck." Before slamming the door and locking it in a fanatic behaviour.