19. thunder bay

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

the past _ five years ago

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

I can't believe that I'm finally back in Thunder Bay. I can't remember the last time I was here. That was probably when I was a kid but here I am, standing in the guest room of the Christ household. I just turned sixteen last weekend and my parents wanted to celebrate my birthday in New York and so it was only the right choice to visit Thunder Bay before going there.

Michael and Trevor aren't home yet since they are still in school. Deciding that I am a little bored, I decide to go downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing my mother and Delia baking a cake.

"What are you two doing?" I ask with a smile.

"Oh, sweetheart I wanted to make you a late birthday cake as well." Delia says with a warm smile. I smile back because Michael's mother has always been so kind to me and I see her like an aunt.

"Thank you, Delia. I also wanted to say that I want to go out to explore Thunder Bay a little bit, since it has been so long." I say, ready to go out of the door, of course it has nothing to do with the fact that I am a little scared to see Michael again but he is in school right now so I don't care at all.

"Of course, darling but don't be out for too long and be careful." My mom replies and I nod, she kisses me on my forehand and I head out of the door and outside.

I walk to the townsquare and see various shops and restaurants. I see a little ice cream shop and walk towards the door but as soon as I open it, I run into another person and several books fall down on the floor.

"Oh mz God, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." A girl my age with beautiful blond hair apologizes profoundly.

"No, it's totally okay, it happens." I smile kindly at her and help her pick up her books.

"Thank you." She replies shyly.

"No problem." I reply.

"Are you new? I haven't seen you before." She says.

"Oh yeah kind of, I'm only visiting some old friends from my parents. I'm Evelyn but you can call me Eve." I introduce myself and stick out my hand.

She takes it and says "It's nice to meet you, I'm Isabel but you can call me Izzy. Would you like to sit down and have a milkshake or something? Only if you want to of course, if you want to be alone I get it."

Before she can ramble any further I interrupt her, "No, I would love to." I reply and we go up to the counter and we both order a strawberry milkshake and sit down in a booth.

"So where are you from? And who are you visiting?"

"I'm from England, London actually and I'm visiting the Christ's. They are old friends from my parents." I reply.