18. tension

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

the present _ now

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm standing in the lobby of Delcour in front of the elevator that leads to Michael's apartment, with the keycard in my hands because when I was on my way to college this morning there was a small box in front of my door, with the keycard I'm holding at the moment.

Get yourself together Evelyn. You agreed to this and now you have to continue the game.

I sigh and open the elevator doors with the keycard. The doors open and I step inside. I look in the mirror and admire my outfit. A dark blue corset top and white pants with matching high heels. My black hair is pulled into a high ponytail.

I look back towards the doors as the elevator doors start to open. I walk inside and see Micheal walking my way.

"Hello Michael." I greet him and before I can react he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello there, little hunter." He replies and he's still standing so close to but I have to concentrate and not get any feelings in the way. I may have had a crush on him years ago but that doesn't mean anything right now.

I have to remember that everything is just a game to him.
Than why does it start to feel like more than just a game?

I snap out of my thoughts and walk around Michael to get further into his apartment.

"So where are the things your mother wanted to give me?" I ask and look around. Everything is still looking the same.

"The boxes are up in my bedroom." He replies with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Why? Is it because this is the only way you could get me to walk inside your bedroom?" I ask teasingly and move closer to him, placing my hands on his chest.

"Believe me when I say that there are plenty of other ways I would get you to my bedroom." Michael answers and takes my hand, pulling me to his bedroom upstairs and this time I don't protest.

We enter his bedroom and I look around. His bedroom is huge with a king-sized bed and plenty of room. The bathroom is separated with a glass wall, so if someone is showering you have an amazing view from the bedroom and of Meridian City.

I see two boxes placed on a couch and walk up to them. I open them and look inside and I'm surprised at how many things are in there.

"Your mom really wanted to give all of this away? These are beautiful and have such a nice fabric." I say and admire the things. I absolutely adore Delia Hawthorne, she is a lovely woman.

"You have to tell her thank you, these are truly amazing."

"I will do that, don't worry, little hunter." He replies and I turn around, seeing him seated on his bed. I suddenly feel like the temperature is rising with the way Michael is looking at me and it's not only because of the lust in his eyes but something different as well.

"So are you going to show me where the NBA player trains?" I ask, trying to get out of this room as soon as possible.

Michael nods and leads the way to his inside basketball court and my jaw drops because the court is huge.

"Okay, I have to say now I'm impressed." I tell him and walk around. There is a shelf with basketballs and I look at Michael, silently asking if I can take one.

"Suit yourself." He replies with a smirk and I take one. He probably thinks I can't shoot but I'm going to prove him wrong. I focus on the basketball hoop and throw the ball. It perfectly lands into the net and bounces off the ground.

I look back at Michael, who has a smile on his face.

"Trying to be better than me, little hunter?"

"Oh, I am better than you. In everything." I reply teasingly.

Michael smirks and walks closer to me, standing in front of me. Even if I wear high heels, he still towers over me.

Why does he have such a cute smile?

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." He replies without hesitation.

"What happened three years ago? On devil's night I mean. What happened to you and your friends?" I ask, being genuinely curious because in one moment I was sipping cocktails in Bali and in the next moment my mom called me and told me Michael's friends went to jail. To say I was shocked was an understandment.

"Under one condition." He replies with mischief in his eyes.

"What condition?"

"Go on a date with me."

I'm shocked. I was prepared for anything other than this. A date? With Michael? Sure I have been on some dates with guys but it never felt right or it was only because of sex but I've never been on a date with Michael. Truth to be told, maybe I'm a little scared because these past few weeks actually been fun.

"Alright." I reply and he looks surprised for a second as if he was ready to argue with me.

"Perfect. Be ready tomorrow at 7:00 pm. Wear something comfortable and I'll come and pick you up."

"Sounds great. Now onto devil's night." I say and he nods, taking my hand and leading me to the living room.

"It's going to be a long story so you better sit down. Want something to drink?" Michael asks, gesturing to the selection of different alcoholic beverages.

"I'll take a scotch." I reply and sit down on the couch, leaning back.

"As you wish, little hunter." Michael replies and pours me my drink and handing it to me. He makes himself a drink as well and sits down a little far away from me but before I can tease him that I don't bite, he takes my legs and places them on his lap.

I smile and lean back, getting comfortable as he makes slow circles with his thumb on my ankle.

"So the devil's night three years ago changed the life from everyone." Michael starts explaining.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Author's note:

Don't worry there is going to be chapter about Michael explaining on what happened on devil's night considering I made some changes to the plot but there is going to be a flashback chapter first.
As you can see Michael and Evelyn are getting closer and closer ;)
How did you like this chapter?