chapter 14 : finding closure

after recess, the next two classes breezed by quickly as the bell rang for lunch during english. as aejung got up and headed towards the door, she accidentally bumped into another classmate. looking up, she saw it was yujin.

"sorry about that," aejung said softly, ready to continue on her way, but she paused at the sound of yujin's voice.

"wait!" he said suddenly, causing aejung to turn her head around to look at him. "we should talk," he said simply.

aejung nodded in response as they began to walk together in the halls. "why did you wanna talk?" she asked softly.

"can't i miss a friend?" yujin joked softly, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"yeah, kind of... i mean, you have a girlfriend now, and it would be weird for people to see us together," aejung told yujin honestly, her tone gentle yet firm.

"she gave me permission to have this conversation with you," yujin said, his tone cautious as he watched aejung's reaction. she simply nodded in response, her expression neutral.

"so, how's life been?" yujin spoke up, trying to break the ice.

"it was hectic, but now honestly, i feel fine," aejung replied honestly, her voice steady.

"i don't have feelings for you anymore, by the way. you have nothing to worry about," aejung added with a small chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. yujin nodded with a smile, relieved.

"i'm really sorry about that, by the way," he said sheepishly, his eyes reflecting regret.

"no, it's fine," aejung chuckled softly, giving him a reassuring smile.

as they continued walking together, the tension seemed to dissipate, replaced by a comfortable silence. aejung glanced at yujin, feeling a sense of closure settling between them.

"how's things with boyoung?" aejung asked, attempting to start another conversation.

"things are great. i feel really happy," yujin said honestly, his smile genuine.

"to be honest though, i do miss you guys," yujin added, his voice tinged with nostalgia.

"we miss you too, but it would be unfair for boyoung if we still hung out," aejung said honestly, her words gentle yet firm. yujin nodded in understanding, accepting her reasoning.

"i know, i was just hoping if we could still be on good terms? just not as close as before, to respect my relationship though, of course," yujin added, his tone sincere as he looked at aejung. she immediately nodded, her expression warm.

"of course," she smiled simply, her eyes reflecting understanding and acceptance.

with a wave, aejung bid her goodbyes to yujin as he walked off to find boyoung. left alone, she wandered through the halls, lost in her thoughts until she noticed someone approaching her.

"what was that about?" gunwook asked curiously, his eyes filled with concern.

"we just gave each other closure," aejung said simply, her voice soft as she began walking with gunwook by her side.

"so you guys are friends again?" gunwook asked, his tone curious as they strolled down the hallway.

"yes, not as close as before though, of course," aejung chuckled softly, glancing at gunwook.

"do you reckon i could be closer to you guys now?" gunwook asked honestly, his gaze earnest as he waited for her response.

"it's not like we ever said we didn't want you in our group," aejung teased lightly, a playful smile tugging at her lips.

they entered the bustling cafeteria, finding a spot at the table where the twins were already seated. with gunwook's arrival, their four-person table was now complete.

the group engaged in lively conversation as they enjoyed their lunch, laughter filling the air as they caught up on each other's lives.