chapter 12 : embracing change

tuesday dawned, bringing with it the weight of rumors that now swirled around boyoung and yujin's newfound relationship. the trio's disapproval seemed to cast a shadow over the school corridors, their absence noticed in the spaces where they once roamed.

but amidst the whispers and sidelong glances, there was one absence that struck aejung more deeply than she had anticipated—that of gunwook. ever since his confession the day before, he seemed to have vanished from her sight, leaving her with a gnawing sense of unease.

with each passing moment, aejung's worry grew, her thoughts drifting to her friend and the possibility of their newfound awkwardness. she searched every corner of the school, hoping to catch a glimpse of him, but he remained elusive, his absence keenly felt.

despite the uncertainty that lingered in the air, aejung found herself strangely at peace with the events of the past week. her resolve remained steadfast, a quiet determination grounding her as she navigated the halls of the school.

aejung sat in front of mrs mun, her heart heavy as she watched her teacher read the lyrics she had penned the day before. on the paper lay the culmination of her emotions, a final farewell to the feelings she once held for her old friend.

the room was hushed as mrs mun took in the words, her expression unreadable as she absorbed the weight of aejung's goodbye. the air seemed to crackle with tension, each moment stretching out as they waited for mrs mun's response.

aejung held her breath, her gaze fixed on her teacher, waiting for some sign of acknowledgment. the silence stretched on, punctuated only by the soft rustle of paper as mrs mun turned the lyrics over in her hands.

(verse 1)
in the quiet of the night, i confess my deepest fears,
whispered secrets, unshed tears, falling on deaf ears.
you were the sun, the moon, the stars, my everything and more,
but now i'm left alone, shattered pieces on the floor.

(chorus)
fragments of forever, scattered in the wind,
as i try to piece together what could have been.
you were my light, my guiding star, my beacon in the dark,
but now i'm lost in shadows, drifting in the dark.

(verse 2)
i gave you my heart, my soul, laid it at your feet,
but you turned away, walked away, leaving me incomplete.
the echoes of your silence, they haunt me every day,
as i search for answers in the words you didn't say.

(chorus)
fragments of forever, scattered in the wind,
as i try to piece together what could have been.
you were my light, my guiding star, my beacon in the dark,
but now i'm lost in shadows, drifting in the dark.

(bridge)
i thought our love was timeless, eternal and true,
but now i'm left alone, with memories of you.
i'll gather up the pieces, and try to mend my heart,
but the scars you left behind, they tear me apart.

(chorus)
fragments of forever, scattered in the wind,
as i try to piece together what could have been.
you were my light, my guiding star, my beacon in the dark,
but now i'm lost in shadows, drifting in the dark.

(outro)
fragments of forever, a love lost in the night,
as i try to find my way, through the darkness and the light.
but even though you're gone, your memory lingers on,
in these fragments of forever, where our love once shone.

aejung's heart fluttered as mrs mun's eyes lit up with genuine admiration. the warmth in her teacher's smile was like a balm to her wounded spirit, offering a glimmer of validation in the wake of her emotional turmoil.

"aejung, this is incredible," mrs mun exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine awe as she gazed down at the paper before her. but beneath her praise, there was a note of concern—a silent question lingering in the air.

"are you okay though?" mrs mun asked gently, her eyes searching aejung's face for any hint of distress. aejung nodded, her response swift and assured. "i wrote this song as a goodbye, so i'm okay," she reassured her teacher, offering a small but genuine smile.

mrs mun's eyes softened with understanding as she regarded aejung, a silent acknowledgment passing between them. "have you ever thought about becoming a songwriter?" mrs mun inquired, her curiosity piqued by aejung's talent. but aejung merely shrugged in response, her gaze downcast with uncertainty. "i haven't really thought about career paths," she admitted sheepishly, a hint of self-doubt creeping into her voice.

"well, if you ever write more songs, you can give them to me and i'll submit them to companies that need songs," mrs mun suggested with a chuckle, her words infused with encouragement. aejung's smile widened at the offer, a flicker of hope igniting within her.

"what's my grade by the way?" aejung interjected, her curiosity momentarily breaking through the weight of their conversation.

mrs mun's playful smirk tugged at the corners of her lips, a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes as aejung's laughter filled the air. their exchange was lighthearted, a welcome reprieve from the weight of aejung's recent struggles.

"well, i thought it was quite obvious," mrs mun quipped, her tone teasing as aejung's giggles bubbled forth, a melody of joy in the quiet classroom.

"thank you, mrs mun," aejung replied gratefully, her smile warm as she rose from her seat and rejoined the twins, her heart lighter than it had been in days.

"what letter?" boreum inquired eagerly, her curiosity piqued by aejung's newfound buoyancy.

"a!" aejung exclaimed with a radiant smile, her eyes sparkling with pride as the twins erupted into cheers of congratulations.

"that's really good," beomseok chimed in, his grin infectious as aejung returned his smile with equal enthusiasm.

the trio's conversation flowed effortlessly, weaving through a tapestry of shared memories and spontaneous musings. with each passing moment, aejung felt a sense of peace settle over her like a comforting embrace, the weight of her worries momentarily forgotten in the warmth of her friends' company.

as the bell finally rang, signaling the start of recess, aejung's heart swelled with contentment. she knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, she would face them with the unwavering support of her friends by her side.

fragments of forever | han yujin zb1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें