Chapter 21

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: 𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕲𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝕾𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆 𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖝 𝕾𝖑𝖔𝖆𝖓

***

Klein Hendlich's POV

It was a night that would be engraved from the deepest part of my memory. In the year 800, I found out why my parents were gone from this world. At first, I thought it was from an accident because of a snowstorm, it was planned all along.

I didn't even know if her smiles, her warmth, and her kindness to me were real or if were they all part of her schemes as well.

If I hadn't been able to stumble through the secret door my father might have built in his office, I wouldn't be able to find out the truth.

The disgusting truth about the Beslire household and how the duke managed to hide their family's wrongdoings.

How dare he have the audacity to come and be like a father figure to me when he's the one who planned it all to kill me and my family so that he could take over the power that was once bestowed on my family by the emperor.

The black notebook floated from the air as soon as I opened the small door from the wooden wall.

It showed me a golden light and words came out of it. Then the light brought me back to the time when nothing else mattered but my father's memory and how the trip to the countryside estate was a planned act to kill them all.

My father argued with the Duke of the Beslire household that night.

"Frederick, why can't you understand? He will never cease to kill us all! We needed to plan now or else..."

"I'm sorry Klaus, but these things are already beyond my limit. I can't help you..."

"Why? You said it would be for the safety of our family and----Don't tell me, did he get to you?" My father stopped talking with eyes that sent out of feeling betrayed.

The Beslire Duke never did anything he sat on his chair with his forehead on his hands.

"Leave now Klaus or else your son will..."

"Don't you ever try to touch my son, you traitor!"

My father stamped out of the door but Frederick, the duke of the household whispered some words, and a black paper appeared right in front of him. He signed the edge of the lower right corner until it disappeared.

"I'm sorry Klaus but it's also for my family..."

After that it was as if everything was planned, my father went to court, he argued that he was framed, my mother came to support him, and my siblings were inside of the household with me.

By the time that winter came, Father planned to escape disguising it as a trip to the countryside estate. It wasn't until I had a fever that he could never get to me.

I heard him say he would be back, but neither he nor my mother and other siblings went back.

I only heard that after days, my family got into an accident.

I never thought that it was all that Beslire household's doings, as well as the one behind it all, that person.

After the light disappeared, my vision became hazy, and as I was about to fall to the ground, I felt hands covering my back. I tried to look at the person, and I thought it would be Louie, but it turned out it was a person who wore a black cloak and had a mask.

"W-Who are you?"

"We are the shadows, my Lord, the ones that have been created to exact your revenge..."