Hot springs

That evening he found something unusual the air smelled funny and steam bellowed from the earth like an angry Triceratops. The small pools of water had a strange color to them. Following his instincts he slipped into the hot water. The heat instantly caused him to flinch back in surprise. However he found himself lured into the steaming water. A contented sigh left his mouth as relief from the pain flooded his body. Raising himself down he got as deep as he could and laid his head upon the shore. Drifting off to sleep as he soaked his aches away.

He wasn't sure how long he laid there but he soon awoke and stood. His body was completely relaxed his mind finally at ease. Where was his mate and child?? He didn't know and his thoughts flooded his mind again. Hot tears trickling down his face as he felt so lost and broken. His heart ached with misunderstanding and loss. He wanted to stay right here and soak away his life. At least he wouldn't feel the physical pain the injuries gave him. Perhaps he was too weak and she felt it necessary to take the child away and care for him, herself?

Moving to the side of the hot-spring he sat down with his face towards the hot water as he looked at his reflection. He could see the scars that circled his neck where the collar had ripped through his young skin. He wanted to be stronger but didn't know how.. He was a coward for an Allosaurus and it was something he couldn't change. Every time he was faced with danger he would remember the whip and the sheer pain the Rex had inflicted on him when he nearly removed his leg.

The pain he felt when he was being treated by the good Doctor. However the pain medication had helped him a lot. The healing process wasn't without pain either. His eyes finally dried of the tears he had shed. Shaking the tightness from his scales as the minerals dried on him. Standing up he began to move again. He was in an unfamiliar place and he needed to find shelter before the sun set. He moved throughout the area scenting and listening to his surroundings. Caves held a familiar hollowness that he had learned to pick up on even if he couldn't see them.

He ended up in a canyon of sorts and he moved quietly through them. Taking each step carefully to prevent the echos from giving him away. Finally right before dark he located a tight little cave. He could barely fit through the narrow opening. Once he was able to get comfortable he gently laid down. Closing his eyes he tried to sleep however the nightmares returned. He could only think about his life through the night. His need for being needed was the only thing that could chase away these nightmares. Feeling like he could only doze off and on. Thats what he did only dozing off in spurts. Thankfully this time though his lack of sleep saved his life.