Rescued

The roar of fighting dinosaurs hung heavily in the air. The smell of blood over powering to the sensitive young snout. A flash of green as the young one cowered away from reaching hands. The collar digging painfully into sensitive skin. A whimper of pain as the young one was dragged out into the ring.

The scream of cheers rang out as they placed their bets on potential winners. Lucky's opponent a baby Tyrannosaurus. Lucky was quicker than the heavier build Rex. However he didn't manage to leave unscathed from the fight. A huge gash was inflicted on his thigh and tail. A massive chunk was hanging from his leg. He was collected and untreated for his injuries. His collar placed back onto his neck.

However this time was different. This time his handler forgot to secure his cage and the door was left ajar. The handler too busy gathering his winnings to notice Lucky slipped away. Darting quickly through the crowd he slipped out through the open back door. His adrenaline still too high to notice the pain in his leg.

He hides behind the dumpster that held the lost souls of the fight. The stench of death was heavy in the air. A whimper left his mouth as he tried to get away. However a soft gentle hand held him. He tried to fight back unsuccessfully however the blood loss and pain hit him full force and he passed out.

The person that held him was none other than Dr. Calico of the sanctuary. Quickly she took him home and removed the collar. Dressing the wounds she could she managed to get him stable. Taking him immediately to the New Hope Sanctuary. There they could better help him.

They managed to get him patched up and but he wasn't out of the woods yet. A horrible infection set in due to the Rexes bite. His heartbeat was faint and stopped a couple of times. They managed to get him through the worst of it. Putting him on antibiotics and anti-venom.

Finally he woke up from his deep sleep. His wounds now on the mend. He grew up in the care of Dr. Calico. He grew up knowing no resentment or revengefulness. He had a permanent limp and constant pain. He would run from and sight of a fight. He loves young and loves caring for them. I bet without a doubt he would give his life for his young and mate.