Back to the Start

Sanji was definitely dead.

The sickness probably killed him. He probably went to heaven because there was no way in hell that he just kissed Roronoa Zoro. There was no way. He liked it though. The kiss was sweet, not rough or strangled. It was light, blissful, and had to be the only thing keeping him alive. When the two pulled away from the kiss, Sanji let out a sound that was something in-between a cry and a laugh. "Are you okay?" Zoro managed to say, his face red and beaded with sweat. "Yeah..." Sanji managed to say. For the moment they kissed, Sanji had forgotten the pain he was in, but now, the unbearable pain hit him like the sea train from Water Seven. "Aghhh, damn it!" Sanji said, clutching his side. Zoro stood up, "I'll get Chopper-" "Don't leave me, please." Sanji mumured, drifting out of consciousness. The last thing Sanji heared and saw was Zoro screaming Chopper's name and clutching Sanji's hand, a tear streaming down his cheek. And then it got dark. Very, very dark.

...

Sanji dreamt of a beach. He could almost feel the cool waves hitting his ankles. He looked around and realized that this was the same beach that he and Zoro had left the Sunny from, not the one that the Sunny had been moved to (stupid marines). The only thing different this time was that Zoro was pulling Sanji's arm, laughing and dragging him into the shallow waves. Sanji was in awe as his body moved in perfect pace with Zoro's, running into the water and grasping his shoulders as the two spun, laughing as the waves hit them. It was something precious as gold. Sanji never thought death would bring him here. As the two dreamers laughed and danced in the waves, all Sanji could think about was if this was real. Or if this really all was a dream, that he could one day belong to Zoro's heart. That they could laugh and cry together. At the time those dreams of growing old together all seemed so far away, since well, they were arguing like savage animals just a few days ago. And as the sun dimmed on Sanji's dreamland, his vision blurred.

He wasn't sad about going back to the real world. He at least knew he wasn't dead. He looked at the dream Zoro and smiled. He was going to make this a reality someday, but for now, he was happy he had gone back to the start.