He’s thinking. Yes! This is it! I’m out of this!

“No.” WHAT?!  “You have to perform it with him.”

I’m hopeless. “But I told you, I can’t sing!”

He smiled, looked at Vince and said “Well, I guess its Vince’s job to teach you. I’ll leave her up to you Vince.”

Vince smiled. “Yes, sir.”

I’m dead.

“So…” Mr. Richardson added “Vince and Liz would represent my class. And that’s final. You can go now.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day ended dreadfully. The thing about the presentation won’t get out of my head. One good thing about this day is that, after saying not to even come near me, Jerk never did. I never knew he could pick-up that easily.

I walked lifelessly to my dorm. The sun had already set a few minutes ago and the school was almost empty, except for the school janitors, guards and other students who are spending time at the library.

I reached the dorm lobby and greeted the receptionist, who usually keeps the keys of every dorm residents.

“Good evening Liz. You seem so…bothered. Are you okay?” said the receptionist.

I forced a smile and nodded. “Yes. Thanks for your concern. May I have my keys? I really need a rest now.”

“If that’s what you want. Just give me a minute.” She opened the cabinet full of keys labeled with the room number it corresponds. “Here you go.”

She handed me my room keys.” Thanks. Have a good night.”

I was about to walk towards the elevator when she called me back. “Wait Liz! I almost forgot.” She reached for something under her table. “Here, someone asked me to give it to you.”

It was a small envelope that she handed to me. “Uhm , thanks.”  I opened it and found a small note containing the letter ‘I’. I bid goodbye to the receptionist and entered the elevator. As I press the button of the floor where my room was located, I noticed another small envelope taped at the wall. My name is written on it so I assumed it was for me. I opened it and found another note, this time with the letter ‘M’ on it. What’s this? A treasure hunt?

As soon as the elevator door opened, I noticed another envelope with my name on it on the floor. I picked it up and found another note: letter ‘S’.

As I walk through the corridor, I found four other envelopes taped on the wall and the last one on my door. Inside each envelope is a note containing the letters ‘O’, ‘R’, ‘R’, and ‘Y’. I entered my room and placed the notes on my living (room) area table, arranged from first to last. I’M SORRY: that’s what it says. What is it now?

I went to my bedroom and noticed a big teddy bear sitting on my bed. I looked closely and noticed that it was holding a card. I picked the teddy bear and read the card. Here’s what it says: “Look, I’m so sorry. Hope you can forgive me. If you would just give me a chance to explain.”

After reading that, my phone began ringing. It’s a call from Vince. As soon as I picked it up, he started talking.

“Hey, you should’ve seen and read the card the teddy bear’s holding. I –“

I cut him off, “These are from you?”

“Yeah. You don’t like it?”

“How the hell did you get here in my room?! That’s trespassing!” I shouted.