Chapter 18 His definition : Mohabbat

Start from the beginning

"So, kaise dhundhengi aap aapne Mr. Ajnabee ko?" he asked.

"Pata nahi, shayad aaj woh mujhse phir takraye, aur agar is baar woh mujhse takra gaye na, toh unka chehra dekhe bina toh unhe mai jaane nahi dungi," I replied, looking out the window.

I turned to see his reaction, but he remained silent, focusing on the road.

Throughout the ride, there was silence until the car stopped. He said, "College aagaya," and I responded, "Oh, haan."

As I was about to leave, he asked, "Jab aap niklengi, toh ek baar mujhe call kar dena. I'll pick you up." I agreed, and he said, "Okay."

After our lectures were over, I headed to the canteen with Samiha. After spending some time there, she left for home, and I stepped out of college.

I called Shayan and said, "Hello, aap aajaiye, meri saare lectures hogaye hain." He replied that he would come in 20 minutes.

When he arrived, he opened the car door. I wanted to go to the mall because I needed to buy some dresses for myself.

So, I said to him, "Woh, actually, I want to go to the mall. Can we please go?" He replied, "Okay, fine."

As we browsed through the stores, he remained quiet, accompanying me wherever I went.

After some time, I selected a few dresses. As I finished my shopping, I said, "Done, chalein?"As I was about to pay for my purchases, he unexpectedly swiped his card.

The gesture caught me off guard, leaving me momentarily speechless. However, not wanting to create a scene, I chose to remain silent, albeit with a sense of surprise lingering in my mind.

He replied, "No need to thank me. You go ahead. I need to use the washroom."I nodded in agreement, "Okay."

As I stepped out, I witnessed a couple engaged in a heated argument.

To my surprise, the man grabbed the woman's hair and passionately kissed her, their emotions shifting from anger to affection.

It was a scene that made me blush uncontrollably. Just then, Shayan's voice snapped me out of my reverie. "Aayat, you're still here?" he queried.

Flustered, I stammered, "Um, yeah..." He simply shrugged it off, saying, "Okay, let's go. It's already evening." With that, we headed off together.

As we rode in the car, my mind was fixated on the couple we had seen earlier.

How effortlessly they transitioned from anger to affection, resolving their dispute with a kiss.

Lost in my thoughts, I was startled when Shayan called out, "Aayat, where are you lost?"

"No, nothing," I replied softly.

He then inquired, "So, how was your day?" I responded, "Good, aur aapka?" He simply replied, "Fine," and once again, silence settled between us.

However, a question started brewing in my mind.

The question lingered in my mind, and I mustered the courage to ask, "Kya aapko kabhi kisi se mohabbat hui hai?" He responded, "Haan, hui hai, beintehaa mohabbat."

His words stung, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of hurt. It was as though someone was taking away everything I held dear.

I asked, "Mohabbat aapke liye kya hai?" He paused, pondering for a moment before responding, "Matlab."

I persisted, seeking clarity, "Mohabbat aapke alfaz mein kya hai?"
"He uttered with a wide grin, his lips stretching into a broad smile, while his eyes gleamed with an unparalleled radiance."