one of those days

Scenario: Jae is in a bad mood and Jungkook makes him feel better

🐰🦋

Jae pouted as he laid on his stomach on the bed and his head rested on one of his arms as his other hand stroked Bear's fur and Bam was laying on his back.

This could mean anything. He wants cuddles. He wants kisses. He wants cuddles and kisses. He's in a bad mood. He's in a depressing mood. He's in a good mood but wants to act depressing. He's in a good mood and just wants to be taken care of.

Today Jae is in an incredibly bad mood because he and his brother got into a really bad fight and it hurt him a little (maybe even a lot).

Niko's wife, Mirae, recently had to take a business trip to London for her brand, "Promise", which means she had left Niko to care for their son, Haru. Simultaneously, Niko was preparing for his new album, "Smoke", so from the looks of it, things will be hard for Niko to balance both taking care of child and work life. Mirae had insisted that her parents could take care of Haru while he's working, so there's no stress on Niko, but as stubborn as he can be, Niko insisted that he can take care of Haru all by himself, no help needed. That's why Jae stepped in, telling Niko that he and Jungkook could take care of Haru while he worked.

That caused Niko to go ballistic.

Niko told Jae that he is perfectly capable of taking care of his child on his own and doesn't need help. Jae could tell from looking at Niko's state, he most definitely wasn't capable of taking care of Haru by himself. Which Jae pointed out.

Which had caused Niko to say (shout) at Jae some very very very very hurtful words to him but we're not going to talk about it...

Now, Jae was here, laying in his bed as tears gazed into his eyes. It's not like he can blame his brother, cause he knows how stubborn Niko could be, especially when it came to help. It had taken Niko more than 4 years to even consider going to therapy and when he did, it took 5 years to actually make going to a therapy a daily routine of his.

His brother is stubborn and Jae can't blame him for that but what he can blame him for is his willingness to ask for help. Jae has had multiple occasions where he would sit with Niko and lecture him about how it's okay to ask for help and it's okay to have those vulnerable moments with others.

But still, Niko remains stubborn.

Jungkook could tell automatically that something was wrong when he entered the apartment and the air was really tense. His suspicions were correct when he saw his butterfly laying on their bed, pouting as he stroked Bear's fur and Bam was laying on Jae's back, his paw laid on Jae's arm and if he could, Jungkook knew that Bam would lightly massage the arm.

"Jae..." Jungkook called out, softly after a minute of staring at Jae's figure. He got a hum in response. Yup, something was definitely wrong.

Jungkook just simply hummed, leaning against the door for a moment, "Can I join?" The response he got, Jae slowly turned his head to look towards Jungkook before he removed his hand from under his head, letting it rest on the soft, lavender scent pillows and gesturing with his now-free hand to the empty space next to him.

Jungkook didn't waste a second and immediately laid on the empty space. Bam and Bear, almost like they can sense that their owners need space, immediately get up from their spots and run to the living room. When the dogs left, Jae practically threw himself in Jungkook's arms. Jungkook immediately wrapped his arms around Jae, kissing his head before burying his face in Jae's hair, smelling the soft scent of strawberry shampoo that Jae uses all the time. Jae, who was hiding his face in Jungkook's neck, couldn't help but inhale the scent of Jungkook. The musky, rich, hot, delicate with a hint of honey and sweet cherries that will forever bring comfort to him.

They sat in silence for what seemed like forever but for Jae and Jungkook that was enough for them.

Jungkook softly kissed Jae's forehead, "You okay?"

Jae sighed softly as he shook his head, "Had a fight with Niko," He mumbled in Jungkook's neck, kissing it softly. Jungkook hummed, not answering, giving Jae all the time he needed to tell him. After a few minutes of silence, Jae sighed once again, "He said some things, I don't even want to even think about, but it hurt," Jae's eyes started to gaze with tears, "I-I don't even know what I did wrong, I was just trying to he-help and he just..." Jungkook tightened his arms around Jae as the older male sobbed in his neck, shushing him and softly stroking his hair.

A few minutes later, Jae has now calmed down.

Jungkook softly kissed his forehead, "I don't know what happened but I want you to know that you did nothing wrong and you were just trying to help. You know, Niko is very stubborn especially when it comes to help and it may hurt now but he'll come to his senses and will apologize, he just needs time."

Jae sniffled as he looked up at Jungkook, tears still gazing in his eyes, "What if he doesn't come by? What if he does hate me? What if he meant what he said?"

Jungkook sadly looked at Jae before sighing softly, "I doubt it. You're his younger brother and he'll literally kill for you. Brothers fight a lot but they also will make up and apologize. They don't mean anything they said in the fight because it was all out of anger. Niko will realize what he said and he will come and apologize for it. Just give him time and space and he'll come to his senses."

Jae hummed with a soft smile, "You know, I love you right?"

Jungkook smiled back, "I know. I love me too."

Jae laughed as he tightened his arms around Jungkook's waist, "That was my line, asshole," He kissed Jungkook's neck.

Jungkook giggled, softly, as he kissed Jae's head, "Yeah, I love you, too," Jungkook turned his head to Jae's face and softly placed a kiss on Jae's lips. The older male blushed as he pecked Jungkook's cheek before snuggling into Jungkook's neck.

In the comfort of his darling's arms, Jae felt safe. He knew that even what Niko said, he'll come to his senses and apologize. With the reassurance of his lover, Jae knew that statement was closer to the truth than it will ever be.

© 𝗫𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜𝗫𝗢 2022 – %??..
━━━━ 𝘈𝘓𝘓 𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘚 𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙀𝘿
( male added member )

━━━━ AUTHOR'S NOTE
surprise...?