𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

Third Persons POV

The morning sun peeked through the curtains, casting a soft golden hue over Rose's hospital room.

The sterile scent of antiseptic filled the air as Xavier stood vigil by Rose's bedside, his gaze unwavering as he watched over her.

Florence sat beside him, her hand clasped tightly in his, a silent reassurance amidst the uncertainty.

The day stretched on, the minutes dragging by as Xavier and Florence remained steadfast at Rose's side.

They took turns reading her favorite stories, singing gentle lullabies, and offering whispered words of encouragement.

With each passing moment, their bond with Rose grew stronger, an unbreakable tether anchoring them to the hope of her recovery.

As afternoon turned to evening, the doctor arrived, his expression grave as he delivered the latest update on Rose's condition.

Xavier and Florence listened intently, their hearts heavy with anticipation.

The doctor's words hung in the air, a delicate balance between hope and apprehension.

He spoke of Rose's injuries, her delicate state, and the challenges that lay ahead.

But amidst the uncertainty, there was a glimmer of optimism, a flicker of hope that burned bright in the darkness.

With the doctor's departure, Xavier and Florence settled back into their vigil, their focus solely on Rose and her well-being.

They held her tiny hand, offering silent prayers and unwavering support as she slept peacefully, surrounded by the gentle hum of medical equipment and the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the window.

As the night wore on, fatigue began to weigh heavy on Xavier and Florence, their eyelids growing heavy with exhaustion. But still, they refused to leave Rose's side, their love for her serving as an anchor amidst the storm.

They took turns dozing fitfully in the uncomfortable hospital chairs, their bodies weary but their spirits unyielding.

In the quiet moments between the beeps of the monitors and the rustle of sheets, Xavier and Florence found solace in each other's presence.

They shared memories of happier times, dreams of a future filled with laughter and love, and whispered promises of unwavering devotion.

As the first light of dawn crept through the window, casting a warm glow over the room, Xavier and Florence felt a sense of peace wash over them.

Though the road ahead would be long and fraught with challenges, they knew that together, they could weather any storm.

With a silent nod to one another, they settled back into their vigil, their hands intertwined as they waited for the dawn of a new day and the promise of hope it would bring.

authors note:
hello gorgeous gorgeous people
how are you?
school has been kicking my butt so i'm very sorry for this INSANELY short chapter but i literally wrote it in 30 minutes cuz i forgot it was friday already but i hope you guys still enjoy and hopefully a longer chapter next week. also no wardrobe this time IM SORRYYYY.

word count: 497 words

lots of love, shabi ୨୧