Mounting an Electrifying Charge

Start from the beginning

"Before that, there's something we need to decide." said Sophocles. "A team has three people, each with their own job. The first is the one giving orders: the director! The second is the one who performs maintenance on the racer and changes the tires: the mechanic! And the last one runs with the Charjabug to help it deal with obstacles: the support runner! All three jobs are really important!"

"All right, then, since you know the most about racing, you should be director." said Kiawe.

"Okay. Then I'd like you to be mechanic." said Sophocles.

"Really?" asked Kiawe.

"You're always doing odd jobs and fixing all sorts of things on your family farm, aren't you?" asked Sophocles.

"You're right. I guess...." said Kiawe.

"That makes me support runner. You can count on us." said Ash. "We'll be great."

"I know that there's no job for me and Meeko to on the team but...." said Hayley, feeling a little left out.

"The both of you can be the Team Cheerleader." said Sophocles.

"I'll take it." said Hayley.

"Lucario." said Meeko.

"Charja." said Charjabug.

"Pika. Maru." said Pikachu and Togedemaru as they leaned against each other on the ground and rocked.

"You two are so cute." said Hayley, sitting on the ground in front of them.

"I wish we brought a camera with us. This is for the Pika Scrapbook." said Meeko, wanting to take a picture of them. Sophocles sets down his Type Three kit car down and places Charjabug in it. "Okay, Charjabug. Let's give it a shot!" said Sophocles.

"Wow! Your Charjabug Racer looks just like the one in the commercial." said Ash.

"Start your engine." said Sophocles.

"Charja!" said Charjabug, using its Discharge to start its racer.

"Here it comes." said Ash. "Yeah!"

"Hey, Ash! Hold on!" Kiawe called out after him. Ash turns around to see that Charjabug was behind him. "Look." said Kiawe. "Something's not quite right."

"Uh....my Charjabug's a bit, well....unmotivated." said Sophocles. "But once it put its mind to it, it'll be able to race." Suddenly, Charjabug shoots out its String Shot at Sophocles.

"Aw, Charjabug, you know how difficult it is to get this stuff out." said Sophocles, trying to get String Shot off his face.

"We need to do some training." said Kiawe.

"Why don't we all run together?" asked Ash.

"Huh? What for?" asked Sophocles.

"That way, Charjabug can get used to the racer, and it'll be fun for us too!" explained Ash.

"Yeah then, we can all bond as a team." said Kiawe as Sophocles groans.

"But running and I aren't very good friends." complained Sophocles.

"Come on, you'll be great!" said Ash, taking Sophocles' arm. "Let's go team!"

"Pika?" Pikachu asked as they ran, then follows them.

"Cario." said Meeko.

"Da!" squealed Togedemaru, following Pikachu and Meeko.

"Come on, Charjabug." said Hayley, looking at the battery Pokémon. "I'll race you."