Animus

At the very beginning, it was said that the 'silver' winged unicorn acts as the animus in this story. We already know that he is the magical power of the heroine's ancestors, that he did not save her in a dream, but in reality, covering her from the deadly ray. He continued to do this throughout her life, that is, in a sense, he is the source of her life. We also remember that at first he manifested himself spontaneously, at moments when the girl needed special help, at moments when she wanted to protect someone from pain, from death. Later we will understand that it was he who filled the void in her wand every time she found something to fill the void in herself. That is, when she actively interacted with the outside world, when she became a part of it. Thus, the unicorn is the personification of her vital energy, her intention. However, an animus is also what causes this energy to act. Seeing the sense, the desires ('The bad news was that I could rarely find that sense.' (Chapter 8 Traitor)).

Rarely does not mean never. There were people who could connect her with mankind. These people 'could be counted on the fingers of one hand'. All of them, as it should be, are male; they have different roles, and we are already familiar with four of them. The fifth one has also come across us more than once - this is the same alleged friend the girl met on the train on her first trip to 'school'; the one who invited her to sit next to him at the festive table, also believing that the hat was talking about him, and immediately turned away when she needed help ('A voice I was familiar with rang out, but it sounded somewhat uncertain, as if he was caught off guard. "I knew she could handle it." ' (Chapter 2 Sorting)).

' "I don't understand you. Why did you get involved with this boy? You're not like him, I can see that." ... The truth was, he got involved with me, not the other way around. I just decided not to say 'no'.' (Chapter 19 Headmaster). It was hard with him; unlike the others, the trajectory of her relationship with him, although it is more correct to say his relationship with her, was akin to swinging. But since he kept coming back to her she didn't turn away.

"One shouldn't trust what people say, but should trust what they do. You've never done anything wrong to me." (Chapter 18 Deal). It was true. Even though for the first two years he chose her compartment for travelling to the 'school' only to make fun of her: in the first case, because he realised that she was new to this world; in the second, because he knew that she did not excel in magical power. It's just that both times his plans failed. She never was offended by his taunts, because, in fact, they were not groundless, and she treated herself with self-irony. Plus, the greatest pain is often brought by the truth, which, as we know, she lacked, and therefore appreciated in any form: "Since you are a stranger here and probably out of touch, then you will be interested to know that your beloved teacher was also his faithful servant." "My beloved... Head? What?!" (Chapter 8 Traitor). He also did not forget to inform her about the course of the trial of the 'beautiful beast', which, due to the brazen prank of the guy, she lost all opportunity to fly on ('A tactically advantageous spot, on a stump, to see everything resulted to be strategically useless for being noticed. ... "Then the next one..." But no. Oh, how angry I was at this insolent fool...' (Chapter 7 Void)) and whom she felt sorry for, unlike the bully. Which eventually led to an unexpected result - when he pounced on her because of the animal's escape, he got her happy face turned to him in response: 'The news struck me so much, I was so happy that with cries of joy dashed to hug this nasty boy - apparently, the wave of affection that reached me on the lake hadn't yet had time to descend completely.' (Chapter 9 Game). The fact that he was able to take advantage of her mockery of him with benefit for himself, she was even pleasantly surprised (Chapter 11 Ball). He never stooped to practical jokes on her: 'The big guy hesitated for an instant. "You know, last year, these assaults on you, we played no part in it, honestly... But I didn't tell you that, okay?" '. And his bullying of others had nothing to do with this issue. Only once did she get so mad at him that she wouldn't let him sit down with her on the train: 'Their leader read my expression correctly and for the first time made a sound decision not to take risks.' (Chapter 10 Tournament). The reason was what the guy was doing along with his henchmen at the 'championship'. Perhaps a huge number of people's fear resonated with her like that.