'White' Wizard / King

However, do not forget that the 'headmaster' put no less effort into the heroine's upbringing than he did into the one of 'the boy'. He gave her to be raised by good people away from the crowd so that she would have a happy childhood; brought her together with a person who would do a lot for her; helped her find out the truth about her parents, deal with the wand; shared wisdom and in general was always kind and patient. Almost always. She was aware of the value of his good attitude towards her and, in turn, tried not to disappoint him: she followed the rules ('I leaped and was about to step into the forest when it suddenly struck me that we were on the border of the permitted and forbidden parts of the school territory for students. It was prohibited to enter the forbidden one...' (Chapter 4 First year)), as much as possible and recounted all the oddities and discoveries when she felt their importance. To him, his bird ("Female! On the second floor!" (Chapter 6 Heir)) or her 'head'. Almost all. So, she told about the snake that she saw during the sorting; about the attack on the unicorns that came out to her, leaving the safe thicket of the forest, and that their killer could understand who she was; about the possibility of the existence of objects carrying the power and will of her father; about the diary kept by 'the boy'; about where the entrance to the 'chamber' is located; about the strange behaviour of the 'false professor' and the feelings he evokes in her; about both dreams and what happened in the maze; she did not deny her desire to meet her father when the 'headmaster' directly reproached her for this; she tried to warn about something terrible being planned by her father, demanding to call anyone from the 'Order' to her, although she did not know what exactly; she asked the father of the 'twins' to tell the 'old wizard' that she killed a werewolf being mentally in the body of a unicorn. It doesn't matter if this information was news to the 'headmaster', it's important that she didn't hide it.

Nevertheless, she was not an intimidated sheep. Firstly, she carefully chose who to tell what and in presence of whom, taking into account the interests of all parties in each specific situation: the source of information, its object and recipient, although she had no doubt that eventually all the information would get to the 'headmaster'. Moreover, very soon she notices that he himself, while remaining friendly, does not really trust her: ' "Why do you suspect me?! Why don't you believe me?! I go out of my way to earn your trust, I divulge everything, even what might play against me, and you suspect me, no matter what! Why?" I confronted the headmaster, pouring out my frustration. "Because the last time, it was your father who unlocked this chamber." And this was a necessary and sufficient condition for not relying on me. Never. My father.' (Chapter 6 Heir).

Secondly, she was quite capable of showing her teeth, and even if there was no other way out, bluffing: 'I had seen more than once how frightened newcomers became 'whipping boys' for such bullies. In that world, I didn't let anyone consider me weak. There was one problem in this world. There was no point in taking out the wand - it wouldn't have helped me. ... There was only one way - to bluff. Putting on a mask of calmness, initially careless, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked from his hand to his grey-blue eyes. ...' (Chapter 2 Sorting); ' "My father will insist on a trial." The young man sounded offended. I confess, that was my goal. ... "Seriously? For what? If anyone were to be judged for pride and stupidity, both of you should be on the same bench." ' (Chapter 7 Void); 'One night I woke up from the feeling that someone was crawling over me. It was a waking nightmare, ... : my whole blanket was covered with snakes, toads, spiders, scorpions and who knows what else. I knew for a fact who did ... I popped up with a wild scream, jerking off the blanket. There was the sound of a huge glass chandelier shattering and the girls screeching. ... The next day, during the first lesson, all four of my neighbours found fragments of precious figurines in their bags instead of books, transformed back into flesh and blood.' (Chapter 8 Traitor); 'One guy from our room received a prompt and left. After a while he returned, but he didn't come back alone. "How dare he!" I restrained myself with an effort, so as not to give the appearance and not to betray both of us. Nevertheless, I regarded his act as insulting to all of us and responded by not shutting down and not making it easier for him to avoid exposing himself. ... There was no intention to kill on his mind, only to give a thrashing. "Alright." Still holding back from the urge to glance towards the luggage racks, I went to the exit, giving them to each other without any remorse.' (Chapter 21 Mark); ' "I know what I do with someone like you. Once I have killed one, can handle you too." His eyes could not stand my unblinking and impassive gaze.' (Chapter 23 Exodus); 'Needless to say, I was scared to death. But there were many of his servants there, and they were like chained dogs. I shouldn't have shown my panic. I had a pretty solid reason not to be killed, innate immunity. The bottleneck was in having sufficient time for explanations.' (Chapter 24 Father).