CHAPTER 2 - OFF TO A GOOD START

At 5 am, Sasuke rose from bed and headed for a shower. After dressing in his jacket and sweats, he hopped on his bike to reach the court, with Naruto joining him along the way.

"Ohayo" Naruto greeted.
"Ohayo," Sasuke replied, glancing at the sky.
"It's pretty cool, huh?" Naruto remarked.
"Yeah, it is," Sasuke agreed.

Upon arrival, they parked their bikes and entered the basketball practice area.

"What should we begin with?" Naruto asked, grabbing the ball.
"Let's warm up first," Sasuke suggested, stretching his arms. They spent at least 15 minutes warming up before starting their practice.

They faced off in two matches, with Sasuke winning the first and the second ending in a tie.

"You're too good at this, Teme," Naruto sighed, taking a seat and guzzling water.
"You're good too, just work on your long-range shots," Sasuke advised, patting Naruto's back.

"Oops, left my phone in my bag," Naruto realized.
"I'll go grab it," Sasuke offered, standing and leaving the court. As he walked, he admired the beautiful clouds, reminiscent of Sakura. His thoughts were interrupted by his ringing phone, an unknown number.

"Moshi moshi? Sasuke-kun?" Sakura's soft voice greeted him.

"Sakura?" Sasuke responded.

"Sorry if I woke you," she whispered.

"No, it's fine. What's up?" Sasuke rummaged through Naruto's messy backpack.

"I was wondering..." Sakura hesitated.
"If we could work on the project together."

Sasuke was surprised but quickly agreed.
"Sure, at your place?"

"I was thinking of yours..." Sakura replied softly.

"That works. I'll pick you up after school," Sasuke replied, pleased.

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun," Sakura said before ending the call.

"Yo, what are you doing out here?" Naruto interrupted, approaching Sasuke and noticing his flushed face.

"Whoa, you're super red, Teme," Naruto remarked, getting closer.

"What are you doing, Usuratonkachi?" Sasuke exclaimed.

"Wait, could it be... did Sakura-chan call you?" Naruto asked. Shaken by how Naruto found out, Sasuke remained silent.

"Of course! That's why you're smiling!" Naruto exclaimed, elbowing Sasuke.

"No, it's not."

"Oh really? Then why did I hear 'That works too, I'll pick you up on my bicycle,' Naruto joked, imitating Sasuke's voice.

"You—"

"Don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe," Naruto said, putting his arm around Sasuke's shoulder.

"Either way we should get going, what's the time?" Naruto asked sasuke as he got on his bike.

"It's 6:45"

"Great we'll be able to make it" naruto said as both him and sasuke rode away their bikes to reach their school. Affter they parked their bikes infront of the school the duo were met with kiba and shikamaru.

"Hey naruto!" Kiba exclaimed.

"Yo!" Naruto said as he shook kiba's hand.

"How was practice today?" Kiba asked

"Ehh it was okay, sasuke as usual was a shinning star." Naruto winked.

"Hey shika! How was your family dinner?" Naruto asked.

"It was a drag.. it was mostly our parents talking the entire time" shikamaru replied.

Shikamaru nara, he belonged to the Nara clan. His mother and father owned the Biggest library in All of konoha. Both his parents were scholars too. Their parent's ancestors and ino's ancestors and choji's ancestors fought together as a trio in war. To keep their legacy the families often have a family dinner once in a month.

"Ohayo, Hinata!" Kiba greeted as Hinata passed by.

"Ohayo, Kiba-kun," Hinata replied before continuing on her way.

"Isn't she cute?" Kiba remarked to Naruto.

"Yeah, she is," Naruto agreed.

"I've had the biggest crush on her since elementary school," Kiba confessed, rubbing his head.

"Doesn't seem like she's into you, though. She totally likes Naruto," Shikamaru observed.

"Whoa, seriously, Shika?" Naruto exclaimed, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah, isn't it obvious?" Shikamaru confirmed.

"No way!" Kiba protested.

"Hey, let's see. Hinata!" Shikamaru called out.

"Yes?" Hinata turned.

"Naruto has something to tell you," Shikamaru said, earning an elbow from Naruto.

"Uh, Hinata," Naruto stuttered before quickly running off towards her.

"N-Naruto kun.."

"Whatdya say, you and me together on this history project!?" Naruto smiled widely.
"S-sure" hinata said as she ran off.

"OI, AFTER SCHOOL!!" Naruto yelled.

"Jeez, did she reject you?" Sasuke scoffed.

"No, infact we're no doing the history project together."

"Wow, im hurt" kiba said as his face saddened.

"Don't worry kiba, there's plent of doggies in the street~" naruto said as he ran off to his class room.