Chapter 10 - Boba Problems

Min-Jun and I arrived back at our hotel to work on Mr. Lee's case.
"Min-Jun?", I asked.
"Hm?"
"We need to drag out this trip as long as possible", I stated. He looked up at me in surprise.
"Why?"
"I mean, no offence, but it was already bad enough to have you around my friends. But I sure as h*ll don't want to have Jae and Sora around them."
"None taken. Considering that they also got the task of bringing you home, they won't let you out of their sight now", he pondered. "If I'll help you to extend this trip, what's in it for me?", he asked with a smirk.
"Seriously?", I asked baffled.
"Hey, you can't blame me. My top priority is you. To get you home safely. What do I have to do with your friends?", he asked.
"But you wouldn't even do it for me? I thought we were past this", I argued.
"Saran'ah. Only because I eased up on you a little and we actually worked together due to the common enemy doesn't mean we are besties. I'm still chasing my goal of getting you back. And I'm not only talking about getting you back home."
"You are serious", I stated flabberghasted. Min-Jun just shrugged. "Fine. What do you get out of this? You get to spend more alone time with me if we stay here longer. How does that sound?"
"Tempting enough", he said and went back to brooding over the paperwork, so I started to do the same.
After a while, the quiet was disrupted by Min-Jun.
"Okay, the argument about spending more alone time with you was tempting. But I just decided that it wasn't tempting enough."
"What else do you want?" I looked up from the contract I was currently checking.
"You need to help me get rid of those two."
"Nothing rather than that", I immediately agreed.
"To get rid of them and secure my position at the organisation", he added. I just raised an eyebrow. "You can't blame be for looking out for myself. But I'm willing to throw it all away in the blink of an eye if I was positive that you would be with me. But I'm sure as h*ll not doing it for nothing."
I was shocked by the decleration of love he just made. I mean, what else would you call it?
"So they were right? You would run away with me?"
"Of course I would, saran'ah", he said with all honesty. "Going home is not your only option here. We could always run away and leave all this behind us. But you have to know that you need to leave everything else behind as well. Your job, your friends, your life. Yeo-Sang."
And in that moment, when he mentioned Yeo-Sang, I knew that I would never agree to this.
"We should get back to work", I said and started to focus on the task at hand again.

"I'm going to get some Boba from around the corner", I announced, after we've been working for hours. My head was pounding at this point. "You want one too?", I graciously offered.
"Milk tea with mango and peach topping, please", he said absentmindedly, still busy with work.
"Alright. Be right back."

As I was on my way back to the hotel, I suddenly was pulled into a dark side alley and pushed against the wall, the two cups I was holding falling to the ground.
"Ow! You c*nt!", I yelled out. Everything happened so fast I couldn't even see if they were a woman or a man, so I just blindly attacked the chest area and rammed my knee between their legs. One of those moves would put them down either way.
"Ah f*ck! You dumb b*tch!" Ah, the crotch.
"I might be a b*tch, but I'm sure as h*ll not dumb", I informed my attacker. I shouldn't have been surprised when I looked down at the writhing body on the floor.
"Jae", I said before squatting down beside him. "What exactly were you trying to do here?", I asked. "You know, if you wanted to talk to me, all you had to do was text. Or call. I'm sure you got my number."
"F*ck you!", was all I got from him.
"Dude! Would you look at my Boba! It's all on the ground now!", I complained as I saw the mess.
"Why the f*ck would I care about that?!", he exclaimed. "Do you have any idea how much that sh*t hurts?!"
"Not my problem, is it? Why did you do that in the first place? Didn't you know that my daddy only let me train with the best? I could have hurt you way worse", I said, looking at him without mercy. "If I would have known it was you -"
"What?", he interrupted.
"I would have done way more", I said menacingly.
"You f*cking -!"
"Ah ah ah ah ah", I said, leaning on his chest with one knee as he came at me again.
"Get the f*ck off me!", he shoutetd, flailing around underneath me.
"Then calm the f*ck down", I said. We stared at each other for a couple more moments before I got off, resuming my squading position next to him, while Jae tried to get some air back into his lungs.
"So. You're gonna tell me what you want or do I have to knock you down a couple more times?", I asked. Instead of giving me an answer, he just stared at me with pure rage.
"What? You're still pissed that I slapped you the other day?", I asked, quirking an eyebrow. "Did I hurt your man pride?", I continued in a mocking baby voice. Now he just looked at me like he wanted to slice my throat. And I think he would have done it, if I wasn't his bosses daughter.
As he was still not talking to me after a couple more minutes I decided that I had better things to do.
"Well, as much as I love staring at you, I have actual work to do, so ... I'm gonna leave." Surprisingly he didn't try to hold me back, but then I remembered something, so I stopped to turn back around.
"Oh, by the way, you owe me 17.511,84 KRW", I said.
"What?" He looked at me confused.
"Oh, it speaks", I said with a smile, then I pointed to the spilled Boba on the ground. "That's your fault, so you owe me 17.511,84 KRW", I repeaded."
"Scr*w you", was his response. I released a frustated sigh and walked over to him. Jae observed my every move like a hawk, as I squated down beside him once more. But he was so busy looking at my face, that he didn't even seem to notice my hand snaking into my pant leg and reaching for the little jacknife that I had strapped on my leg. I thought it was a good idea to have a weapon on me after everything that happened so far. I pulled out the knife and let it flip open in front of his face. First his eyes widened as he looked at it, before resuming to stare at me. I couldn't read his expression though. It was neither hate nor rage.
"I said, you owe me 17.511,84 KRW." Never in a million years would I have guessed his next move. Jae shot forward, completely ignoring the knife and pressed his lips against mine. The force of him crashing into me, sent me tumbling down on my butt and the knife falling out of my hand. But Jae was quick to move between my legs and pushing me down on the ground, while still keeping his lips on mine.
I was so shocked that I couldn't react right away. I knew that I should have pushed him away, but I had no clue why I didn't. Thinking back now, I knew that it was because of how good looking he was and this little power play. It kind of reminded me of Han-Seok. But just a little.
At some point my brain cells started to work again and I pushed him off.
"What the f*ck?!", I shouted in pure shock and quickly stood up, so I could fend off any other moves if necessary. Jae just looked at me with a smug smile.
"What? You didn't like it?", he asked, being completely full of himself.
"Of course I did not!", I retorted outraged.
"Oh come on. I would say otherwise, judging by how you kissed me back."
"That is not true!"
"Whatever. I know better. Princess." His voice turned low and seductive. Then he started to walk up to me, but instead of backing up I stood my ground, looking at him defiantly. As he reached me, he pulled out his portmonet.
"How much was it? 17.511 KRW?", he asked sarcastically, while taking out some bills.
"Here. Keep the change", he breathed as he put the money in my cleavage. But I was so flabbergasted by his actions that I didn't even complain at that moment. Jae had already left as I still stood there shellshocked. The ringing of my phone pulled me back to reality.
"Saran'ah, what's taking you so long?", Min-Jun asked and only then I remembered what I came here for.
"Sorry. Long line. I'll be there in 5", I said and hung up before taking the money and going back to the shop to get f*cking new Bobas.