Chapter 1 - Saran'ah

A little warning: Spicy content ahead! I'll mark the spicy parts.

**********************************************************************************

Hey, babe!" I greeted my boyfriend, who was already waiting for me at the café, with a kiss.
"Hey", he said with a huge smile.
"Sorry for being late. I got held up by a client."
"It's ok. I've already ordered your favourite."
"You're the best", I replied and leaned over the table to kiss him once more.
"I know", Yeo-Sang retorted with a playful smile.

Our moment was interrupted by the waitress bringing our drinks

Our moment was interrupted by the waitress bringing our drinks. As I looked behind Yeo-Sang I went from being the happiest woman to my-world-just-crashed-and-I-am-close-to-freaking-out-woman in a split second. I really hoped what or rather who I saw was really someone else.
No. It couldn't be. It couldn't be him. That was impossible. He couldn't have found me.

**** Flashback ****

"What are you doing?"
"What does it look like? I'm packing. And you should too." I didn't look at him as I was busy throwing all my necessities in a bag.
"Su-Mi stop!" He stepped in my way, placing his hands on my shoulders.
"What is going on with you? Why aren't you getting ready?", I asked puzzled.
"I'm not leaving." I blankly stared at him for a couple moments, his words not sinking in.
"What are you talking about?"
"I thought it over. I'm staying. And you should too."
"What do you mean?" I was bewildered. "We agreed to run away together. You and me. Don't you think the moment is perfect?" He kept silent. "Don't you wanna be with me?", I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.
"Of course I want to be with you, saran'ah. You know that. But this is the reason I want to stay." I shook my head in confusion, not getting what he was saying.
He took my hands in his. "He wants us to get married", he said with a beaming smile.
"Force us, you mean", I retorted. His hands fell down at his sides, hurt flashing in his eyes.
"I thought that's what you wanted. What we wanted."
"But I also want to be free. I thought you understood me."
"And what about me? I always have to be so understanding when it comes to what you want. But what about what I want?"
"I guess this is goodbye then", I said, swallowing down the lump of tears, that was forming in my throat.
"You can't be serious, saran'ah."
"Then come with me", I tried one last time.
"I can't. Where would we even go? He would find us anywhere and you know it. If you seriously believe you can hide from him forever you are more naive then I thought."
"Then you stay here like the good little servant you are", I choked out. But before I could leave, he held me back by my arm.
"If you think I'll let you go, you're mistaken."
"Please. Don't make this harder than it already is", I pleaded, once again fighting my tears. Meanwhile he still kept my arm in a vice like grip, determination etched on his face. This was how far he wanted to push me, huh? So be it.
"Don't make me hurt you", I said in a quiet voice. It almost felt like he got burnt, that was how fast he let go of me, shock then evident on his face.
"You wouldn't ..."
"Saranghae, jagyia", I said, pressed one last kiss on his lips, before I turned around and vanished.