Chapter 2 - Jagiya

I was unable to move, frozen in shock. It couldn't be. That was not possible.
"Missed me, saran'ah?" This whole moment felt so surreal. I expected this person to pull off a mask and Yeo-Sang would be in front of me instead, being like: "Got you!" But it wasn't a prank. It was real. It was really him. Min-Jun.

"What? You actually thought I wouldn't find you here? That is really disappointing

"What? You actually thought I wouldn't find you here? That is really disappointing. You knew this would happen sooner or later, so don't act surprised now. You're smarter than that, saran'ah."
"Stop calling me that!"
"Why? Didn't I use to call you that all the time? Don't you remember that I was your jagiya?"
"But not anymore. That was a long time ago", I hissed.
"Ow. Now you hurt my feelings. But what hurts me even more is that it seems like you have a new jagiya now." All blood drained from my face and I felt like I was falling into a dark whole, that was about to swollow me up.
"What's his name again?" He was tapping his chin, pretending to think. "Oh right!", he shouted out with a huge grin. "It's Han-Seok. The one you k*lled." It just kept getting worse. "Oh wait, got that one wrong." He pretended to think again. "Right! Now I know." His smile dropped. "Lee Yeo-Sang. He works for Wusang Law Firm, which you are now a partner of, and Jipuragi Law firm after working for Vincenzo Cassano, who sent him to go find you, just like me, because you f*cked him over by freeing his nemesis, that he was about to k*ll, and ran away with him. I assume you know who I'm talking about? Vincenzo Cassano? Former Consigliere of the Cassano Family? The biggest mafia clan in Italy? I hope I have everything down right. Feel free to correct me any time."
He knew everything. Everyone was in danger. Because of me. The worst thing was, that deep down I knew this day would come.
His hour-long monologue gave me the opportunity to at least make it seem like I regained my composure.
"You really like to hear yourself talk, huh?", I asked sarcastically.
"No. That's not it. I just like talking to you", he replied, flashing me a huge smile.
"Yeah right. Let's get to the point, shall we? Why are you here?"
"You're hurting my feelings, saran'ah." I ignored his comment and just waited for him to tell me the real reason.
After staring at each other for some time he released a frustrated sigh. "Fine. Your daddy sent me after we found you." That was what I thought. "He thinks it's time you came home. And so do I."
"Sure you do", I scoffed.
"He wants us to finally get married, you know."
"Never gonna happen. And so is me going back home. You can tell him that."
"I know I've made a mistake. That's why you left-"
"It wasn't because of you and you know it", I interrupted.
"Of course I know, but listen, will you?" I kept silent. "I know I've made a mistake all those years ago, but I'm actually here to redeem myself." I doubtfully raised an eyebrow. "I convinced your father to give me three months to persuade you to come back home willingly. And to marry me", he stated with a proud smile while I just kept staring at him warily.
"What? I felt inspired after watching that one movie. What was it called? ... Oh right! Crazy, stupid love!"
"Like I said: Never gonna happen", I retorted, unimpressed by his attempt to be funny.
"Don't confuse me being nice with kindness, saran'ah. I was just trying to lighten the mood. But let me make it clear to you: After those three months, you're coming back home with me, whether you want to or not." A lump started to form in my throat, which I tried to ignore. "And believe me when I say, that I will k*ll everyone who tries to stop me. I don't care if it's Mi-Ri, Cha-Young, Vincenzo or ..." Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it! "Yeo-Sang." An additional knot was forming in my stomach at that point and I just felt like throwing up. Nevertheless I put on a brave face and looked at Min-Jun defiantly.
"You look really beautiful, by the way", he switched the topic.

Min-Jun started to slowly walk towards me. It took every ounce of strength that I had not to bolt for the door, but to stand my ground. When he reached me, he grabbed my hand and placed something big and cold in it. My gun.
"Good night, saran'ah", he whispered in my ear and just like that I was left alone in my apartment. Slightly panicking. So I did the only thing I didn't want to do, but I had no other choice. I got my phone and dialed the only number that I knew would bring me comfort.
After a couple rings a cheery voice greeted me at the end of the line.
"Hey, Su-Mi! Honey, get over here! It's Su-Mi!"
"Na-Ri, I need your help", was all I said.