Chapter 7 - Business Trip

I stayed awake for the rest of the night, tossing and turning. Plagued by the endless cycle of pictures from what happened with Min-Jun racing through my head over and over again.
Without any motivation I dragged myself to work, hoping this day would pass by quickly.
"Miss Kim! There you are!" Mr. Cho stepped in my way. "Miss Kim! You have to leave right away!" All I could do was stare at him in confusion.
"Our client Lee Chan is facing major legal issues with his company. A troubling lawsuit. It needs our immediate attention and I need the best lawyer for the job. You need to meet him right away."
"But his company is hours away."
"I already arranged everything. There's a hotel room booked and a car waiting outside to take you back home, so you can pack."
"But what about Dr. Moon's trial next week?", I asked.
"I hope you will be back by then. If not, then I'm going to take over." Well, at least I'm going to have some distance from Min-Jun.
"Ah Mr. Yoon. Is everything ready?" I turned around to look into the beaming face of Min-Jun.
"Of course, sir."
"Great. Then you will accompany Miss Kim to meet the client, after a quick stop at her apartment." I looked back at Mr. Cho in pure shock.
"I thought I'll go by myself?"
"Oh no, Miss Kim. Mr. Yoon kindly offered to come with you for support. And at the same time we can show the japanese office how well we deal with a crisis. But you have to leave now. Quick." I just let him turn me around and gently shove me towards Min-Jun, who lightly put a hand on the small of my back and directed me out of the office.
"Let's go, Miss Kim."

As I came home, my apartment was empty, so I just shot Na-Ri and Han-Seo a quick text to explain everything before packing up my stuff for a hopefully short trip.
The ride was thankfully quiet and uneventful. But it was just the quiet before the storm. As I set foot into the hotel room I thought we were in the wrong one because there was only one huge bed.
"Seriously?", I asked in disbelief.
"What is it?", Min-Jun asked behind me.
"We only have one bed."

"Well

"Well. I don't think it's that bad", he said with a huge smile.
"Don't get your hopes up. I will talk to the front desk right away." I stormed out of the room and down to the lobby.
"Excuse me? Hello."
"Hello. How can I help you?". The lady at the front desk offered me a friendly smile.
"My colleague and I are with Wusang Law Firm. We're booked in room 408. But I think there must be a mix-up. There's only one bed."
"Let me check, Miss. Just one second, please."
"Thank you." I impatiently tapped my fingers on the counter as I waited for her to tell me that there was a mistake.
"I can't see any error here, Miss. This room was booked by Wusang Law Firm for two." Everything was right so far. "A one bed room."
"No, see, that's the thing. It's supposed to be a two bed room."
"Sorry, Miss. It says one."
"Well, do you have a two bed room that we can switch to?"
"Let me see." She stared back at her computer.
"Sorry, Miss. There's no free room."
"How about two single rooms then?"
"Sorry. We're completely booked." F*ck! I took a couple seconds to collect myself.
"However, thank you for your help", I said with a forced smile.
"Your welcome, Miss."
As I was about to leave, the receptionist called out to me again. "Miss? Wait! Just a moment." I looked at her questioningly.
"Should I inform you when there's a free room?", she offered.
"Yes. Yes, that would be great. Thank you!" I released a breath of relief.
"Ex-boyfriend?", she asked with a knowing smile.
"You have no idea."