Chapter: 13

Depuis le début

The 4 cousins came forward informing the students to place their questions freely saying that they will not be judged. Students stood up one by one stating their issues and interrogating their doubts. They noted their questions and few came to them individually to congratulate and talk. 

A group of boys approached shyly and one with a funny attitude said

"akka ivan ku ongala pudichirukam ka"

"akka neenga single aa committed aa nu kekuran ka"

"akka neenga romba azhaga irukeengalam" 

ranted in a jolly way one pointing the other making Sivaangi chuckle at their atrocities. A handsome boy with innocent and attractive looks hit them for making fun of him. 

"dei saavadipen da ungala, naa engada apdiyellam sonnen"

"neethane da olarikitu irunthey, 'I like her, she is so cute da' nu" 

the boy chased them and muttered a sorry to Sivaangi. She laughed while her brothers were glaring her. Girls too joined praising her.

 Arjun held one of the boys and teased him for fun as they were his juniors.

"ennada, inga enna seminar nadatha vanthirukom? neenga ennathuku vathirukeenga"

"nethu thaan da unga appava road la meet pannen" warned Arjun.

The principal came around 12.30 to call them for lunch and they happily followed him behind.

He kept on talking with Sivaangi while walking asking her about her parents and saying how she used to be a butterfly at school during her childhood when he was the vice principal. Sivaangi politely replied for everything. 

"en mahan theriyum la " asked the principal.

"yes sir Vikram anna thane"

"ah you remember him, great, avanum Colombo university thaan, 4th year engineering student"

"Vikram anna was my class prefect sir"

"ah ok ma, unakum antha university thaan kedaikum, you can meet him, naa unna paathuka solren avan kita"

"that's so kind of you, thank you sir"

Ashwin and Rakesh exchanged glances with understanding. They had their lunch and the principal was taking extra care of Sivaangi.

"enakku ponnu illa rendume payyan thaan, I wish I had a daughter like you, chinnathula unna pakum pothey  enaku romba pudikum. thuru thuru nu register eduka office ku odi varuva" 

he said and Sivaangi reminisced her childhood memories. 

"sir enaku 5th grade general exam ku Jaffna la irunthu paper set ondu kondu vanthu kudutheenga, thank you sir"

"aww, en pullaiku ellam nenaviruku, apdiye Dr. Binni maari, thangamana pulla" said the principal.

"ennada appreciation ellam balama irukku, dei Vikram anna va un machan aaka pakurar da. All the best macha" Ashwin teased Rakesh.

"dei summa irra, ketra povuthu. enakum velangichi da" replied Rakesh whispering. 

The session resumed, Ashwin and Rakesh delivered their part including the answers for the questions placed. The auditorium was too stunned by the two handsome young medicos with their charisma. The girls were in aww drooling over them. The two boys talked about drug addiction, infatuated relationships during school days and other mistakes students make during their life, as they were asked to convey those to students. 

The remaining session went captivatingly and finally came to an end by 3pm and the discussion started students asking questions. Students shared their comments about the seminar and the cousins were overwhelmed with their responses. The program ended after a vote of thanks by branch head. Students rushed forward and surrounded the four talking to them individually.