Chapter 7

The next day at school, Yuri wanted to know all about what happened. This informed Willow and she wanted to know too.

"He went to your house!" Yuri said.

"Did he blush? That means he likes you," Willow said.

"Why didn't you invite me over?"

"Did he kiss you?"

"Are you friends yet? Did you make up your mind?"

"STOP!" Inky yelled. "He had dinner, we went on a walk, and he saved me from some bullies. That is it."

"But why didn't you tell me you were home?' Yuri asked.

"I forgot, ok."

"How did you meet him?" Willow asked.

"I, uh, bumped into him on the street," Inky said blushing.

"The blush says otherwise," Willow retorted.

"Fine," Inky had had enough. " He kissed me in an alley on my way to Yuri on Saturday."

Willow and Yuri stared at the Inky, mouths open.

"Wait, you told me about this," Yuri said.

"Why didn't you tell me," Willow sounded like she was left out of the loop, and she was. But that still hurt.

"I didn't want word to get around that I finaly got hit, so I only told Yuri because I was seeing her later and cause we live next to each other," Inky said.

Willow could tell that she had crossed a line.

"Am I just school friend to you," Willow asked Inky. She was hurt.

"No, I just don't want anyone to know," Inky said.

"But you told Yuri," Willow said.

"Look," Inky said. "Yuri knew because she is the person I am closet to. Not even my dad knows."

"Your dad doesn't know what happened?" Willow asked. "But you said that the boy came to your house."

"We made up a lie to play along with," Inky said.

"You lied to your father," Yuri said shocked.

"Yes."

 Yuri went over to Inky and wrapped her arms around her. Inky returned the hug. Yuri let go and put her hands on Inky's shoulders.

"Are you ok?" She asked Inky.

"I don't know," Inky said. She looked like she wanted to cry. "It felt weird to lie to him. And the worst part is that he believed me too."

"You've never lied to your dad before?" Willow asked in a small voice. Inky shook her head. Willow came over and hugged Inky too.

"I am sorry for blaming you for not sharing your life with me when your own father doesn't know," Willow said.

"Thank you," Inky said.

The girl's talk was cut short when the bell rang.