secret

slowly fluttering your eyes open, you found yourself laying in a bed. from the gloomy atmosphere and the smell of disinfectant, you guessed this was the infirmary.

you groggily pushed yourself up with a groan, your head throbbing and your body threatening to push you back down on the bed until…

“please lay down. it is not advisable for you to move around this much”.

you whip your head so fast you could've broken your neck “nanami!”

the little boy with striking blond hair wasn't so little anymore. he had grown, and very well too. his hair was shorter, giving him a more mature look and he now sported glasses.

he was also bigger, way bigger and more muscles adjourned his body. your junior from back then has become a man.

“y/n-san.” he greeted as you smile at him.
“its been a while isn't it?” you chuckle as you admire how much he's grown. nanami finds himself getting flustered at the gesture although he hides it well by promptly adjusting his glasses.

“it has. are you feeling alright?” he moves closer to your bed, towering over you.

“yeah i’m fine-” as if something snapped you out of your daze, you recalled the incidents that led you to this point. megumi. yuji. your heart dropped.

“is… is yuji okay…”
nanami doesn't say a word as he stood there, his silence telling you enough of what you needed to know.

“i have to go-” you try dragging away the iv which was injected into your arm, kicking away your blanket frantically but nanami stopped you.

he grabbed your wrist firmly “please calm down.”
“i-i can't… yuji is…” you say through shaky voice and rugged breathing, horror seeping into your veins, the memory of what happened becoming more and more vivid.

“gojo is there. he has taken care of it.” at the mention of his name, your world paused. right. gojo. he entrusted you with his students and you failed.

you always end up failing him somehow. back then, he trusted you with his whole heart, you were his best friend but you decided to crush that and betray him. its no different now. you failed again.

you fist your blankets in anger as tears threatened to fall. you hadn't realised nanami's hands were still holding your wrist until that hand found its way squeezing your own.

that hold was enough to comfort you, telling you that he was here and that you weren't alone. the both of you sat there silently as the door of the infirmary opened and in walked the blindfolded sorcerer.

you turn your head so you could see him, just silently starting. if he had his blindfold off, you could've seen the way his eyes narrow over the way nanami was holding you.

as if nanami knew, he slowly lets go of you and steps back a little further away. you look away from satoru, too ashamed to meet his gaze, let alone say anything.

“i’ll leave you two to it” nanami walks out the door giving you space but really, you wish he hadn't because you wanted to dig a hole and crawl in it rather than being confronted about how much you failed not only satoru but your students as well.

satoru walked towards your bed and gently sat on the corner while you're still not looking at him. the silence was palpable and quiet literally suffocating you and you couldn't handle it anymore.

“look, satoru im sorr-”
“are you alright?” he cuts you off. truth be told, you were glad he did because you don't think you could handle that much of a heavy talk right after you woke up.

you nod sheepishly. one of your students died and the others were most likely injured badly and here you were, alright.

“I was worried.” satoru said as a matter of factly.
“im sorry” was all you could mutter pathetically.

“for what?” satoru chuckles “for saving the kids? for using your lightspeed? for finally tapping in with your cursed technique?” he beamed as he tilted his head, trying to meet your wandering gaze.

“i didn't… i couldn't save all of them though. y-yuji…” your voice was a whisper, full of regret and defeat.

satoru leaned closer, his hands tucked away the strands of hair that were falling in your face because you stared down meekly.

he moves closer, his mouth next to your ear, feelings his breath causing you to shiver.
“i’ll let you in on a secret…”

“... yuji is alive.”

𓏲 ࣪₊♡𓂃

not me lowkey forgetting about this story lol