dreamcatcher

year 2006 and you found yourself lazily plopped against the big bark of the tree at the back of jujutsu high, waiting for your friends.

you could smell the faint scent of smoke before seeing the person behind it, who now sat next to you, as lazily as you do.

“i told you to stop smoking or-”
“smoke when im alone alright damn-” shoko puts out her cigarette, echoing the words you say so often to her.

“where are the stupid two?” she asks, sighing.
“on a mission, i believe. they should be getting here right about…”

“y/n!” satoru's voice was high pitched.
“... now”

satoru rushed up to you both and suguru follow behind elegantly.
“oh hey shoko's here too.” he sat next to you purposely nudging against you.

“it's hot get the hell away from me” you shove his giddy face away. he always had a knack for annoying people.

“satoru we don't have much time.” suguru said, looming in front of the three of you crossing his arms.

“ugh fineee” satoru whined and he turned to you and shoko “lets go save weak people” he grinned menacingly.

“aren't we always saving weak people?”
“no but this one is different. it's utahime” he laughed. “and meimei but eh” he shrugs.

the four of you made your way to an abandoned hotel where utahime and mei mei had a mission 3 days ago. there was no news from them so yaga had instructed satoru and suguru to assist them.

the duo, being the strongest, decided they could bring their two very good friends along.

“sit back and marvel” satoru grinned as he conjured up his cursed technique and destroyed the building. meimei landed gracefully while utahime found herself lying on the ground under the rubbles.

she and satoru exchange some snarky remarks when a curse popped up. you were just going to exorcise it but suguru beat you to it like it was nothing.

“don't eat it, i'll absorb it later” suguru instructed the curse nonchalantly.
that's the two strongest for you.

“shoko! y/n!” you turned and then immediately felt arms around your shoulders, it was utahime enveloping you and shoko into a hug.

“don't turn out like them!” utahime said, clearly fed up of satoru and suguru's remarks.

“that won't happen” shoko said as a matter of factly.
“i’ll become stronger than them and beat them up for you” you chuckle as you could see the fire in utahime’s eyes.

“please do!”

little did you know, neither you nor suguru could ever become as strong as gojo satoru.

you felt the whole world and your heart shattering as you saw suguru's body drowning himself in his own blood. it's as if someone, something was choking you and blocking your ears at the same time.

they were away on their mission to defend the star plasma vessel but now returned a bloody mess.

you could not move as shoko used her rct to heal him. you weren't a stranger to gore but this was suguru. and where the hell was satoru you couldn't even bring yourself to think.

thankfully, shoko succeeded and suguru got up begrudgingly. you could see his face change from being tired and defeated to horrified as he stared at you wide eyed.

“y/n im so sorry. satoru…” and if you thought your heart could not even drop further or your stomach sink more, you were wrong.

“i have to go-” he rushed out and you stop him.
“where are you going?!” your voice was harsh, rough.

“satoru i have to get satoru” he didn't need to say more as you let him go, following him. the both of you didn't say a word all the way.

you could see suguru's hands shake a little as he opened the door to the star religious group's lair.

you weren't sure what you were prepared to see because it wasn't satoru's dead body and definitely not satoru standing, seemingly unhurt.

he carried what you guessed was the corpse of the star plasma vessel in his arms.

what baffled you even further was how the members of the star religious group were clapping their hands, smiling from ear to ear.

why the hell were they celebrating? what are they so happy about?

suguru went in leaving you frozen outside.
“suguru you're late.” you heard satoru's voice say and that was enough.

you could feel relief washing over you. that was satoru after all. your satoru. or is it?

“should we kill these people?”
you were confused. this was your satoru. he'd never even dream of hurting anyone, especially not killing them.

that was when you saw his dazed state. his expression was blank and his eyes even more. he looked cold, terrifying even.

“with the way im feeling right now, i doubt if i would feel anything about it” satoru continued.

“there's no meaning to it.” suguru had his head down as satoru brushed past him and walked out, now standing in front of you.

your eyes darted from the lifeless body in his arms to his eyes. they looked unfamiliar.

without a word he brushed past you.

you blink to see your ceiling. you were lost in your own thought, time travelling in your mind back to the days when everything took a turn for the worst.

that was when you heard a knock almost making you jump in surprise.

“what the hell are you doing here it's 3 fucking am.”

satoru stood in front of your door, in his casual wear you always loved to see him in, a pillow in his hands.

“as if you're sleeping”
he was right. the nightmares still made it hard for you to sleep.

“now can i come in? before the hallway ghost get me”
you roll your eyes as you step away letting him in.

he playfully hit your face with his pillow and you scowl at him earning yourself a chuckle from his pretty lips.

he slumped on your bed and got comfortable, you stood in front of him crossing your arms.
“who said you could sleep on my bed?”

“oh come on don't tell me you want me to sit on your chair all night long” the chair was the only piece of furniture available in your dorm room.

“then go back to your room im sure even your sheets are more comfortable since they probably cost more than everything in this room and the next.”

“nah this is better.”
you let out a very frustrated “tch” still standing.
“but you know what could make this better?”

“what?”
“you.”

he gently pats the spot next to him
“come on you gonna keep standing there or what?”

“might as well”
satoru huffed as he stood up and dragged you down by your wrist so you were now laying next to him on your bed.

he was dangerously close and you hated to admit how safe you felt in that moment.
“sleep. i’ll be here” his voice was low, so comforting.

and strangely that night, or at least the few hours of darkness that made you sleep, no nightmares dared to disturb you.

𓏲 ࣪₊♡𓂃

writing flashbacks make me feel some type of way it's so bittersweet i miss gojo sm :(((