The Predator

In the middle of Fatun town, the trio and Regis walked down the streets with each other, as they headed to Regis's home. As they did, the gang walked past many citizens who smiled upon seeing Regis.

Citizen: Hey Regis, glad to see you back here.

The citizen waved at Regis with a smile as he walked past Regis and the trio, to which Regis waved back with a smile.

Citizen: Hey Regis, thanks for dealing with the monster problem last week, I appreciate it.

Another citizen walked towards him, thanking Regis, walking past him and the trio.

Regis: ah no problem, I'm just doing what's right.

Regis said back to him with a smile, then a mother who held her child close to her walked past them.

Child: Hi Mr. Hero.

The child said in a childish voice with a smile on their face. Though Regis just let out a nervous chuckle to himself.

Regis: for the last time, I'm a warrior, not... not a hero.

He whispers to himself nervously with a frown, however, no one notices it. As he continued to walk, Axel walked closer to him with curiosity.

Axel: Wow man, you seem to be pretty popular around here.

He told Regis with a curious voice, to which Regis shrugged.

Regis: Well that's mostly because I'm basically the protector of this town.

He told Axel as he scratched the back of his head. Hearing this, (y/n) walks up closer to ask a question.

(y/n): well then I can imagine you must have lived here for a very long time.

He said to Regis.

Regis: Well not really, one day when I was traveling I just so happened to find this place, where I just now live.

He told (y/n), though (y/n) became more curious.

(y/n): so you weren't born here, then where did you come from?

He asks Regis with a raised eyebrow, though Regis looks at him with nervousness as a single sweat appears on his face. Hearing this, Doki walked up closer to participate in the conversation.

Doki: Well you know what that sounds like.

She said with a smug smile, gaining Regis's attention.

Doki: Sounds like you're a runaway just like the three of us.

She said with a smug, to which Regis slightly jolted, his eyes flickering as a single sweat came down his face. Seeing this, Doki smirks.

Doki: based on your reaction, I'm guessing that I'm right.

She said, with a smug grin, irritating Regis.

Regis: Hey! We're here to talk about the monster problem, not talk about my potential past, so focus on the mission at hand.

He said sternly, trying to dodge Doki's persistence. Though Doki continues to smirk.

Doki: oh come on man, don't be like that, that's nothing to be ashamed of, we're all runaways just like you.

She once again said a smug grin, continuing to irritate Regis, who groaned.

Regis: for the last time, I'm not a runaway so just knock it off.

He snapped at her, annoyed by her perseverance, though Doki just scoffed. As she does, Axel leans in closer to Regis.

Axel: Sorry about my friend, she's just a small little gremlin all the time.