𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬.𝟳

Sorry for the inconsistent updates-

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

"You are the chosen few!" the man in fancy robes announced to the large group of parents and students.

It was the inauguration ceremony at Eden Academy, and god, Luna was bored out of her mind. She only bothered to snap back to attention when everyone started clapping and the choir started singing.

"Chichi! Everyone's wearing what I'm wearing!" Anya whispered as she glanced around the wide room.

"That is how uniforms work, yes," Loid answered. "Luna, don't slouch please."

"Sorry."

Around that time, Luna started picking up on Loid's thoughts.

But the challenges have only just begun, Loid was thinking as he recalled his mission objective. His Handler had told him to turn the twins into imperial scholars in order to access Desmond's inner circle, but Loid knew better.

Making this child an imperial scholar... he thought while side-eyeing Anya especially, is a plan I've already largely abandoned.

Luna looked at Anya while Anya looked at Loid in shock.

Rising to the top of a school so full of exemplary students is probably a fool's errand. While it might be a bit easier for Luna, it will definitely still take a while. In any case... Loid continued in his head. The person at the podium was starting to announce class and homeroom-teacher assignments.

"When called, step forward. I'll begin with Class 1, Specter House...

"William Howard Theodore Russell.

"Grace Fein.

"Jessica Clark."

Eventually, as the second class was called up, Anya spoke up, "I wonder which one Anya and Luna will be assigned to."

"Who knows?" was Loid's answer. But in his head...

I do, actually.

Not surprising, Luna thought.

"Class 3, Cecile Hall.

"Alice Paulette.

"Edward Perkshire."

Because I managed to make a little change for the sake of the mission.

I got Anya and Luna assigned to their class.

"Damian Desmond.

"Daniella Desmond."

Oh. Luna squinted down at the two figures who were making their way to the line. It was quite evident they were also twins, quite arrogant ones at that. The way they held themselves and their strides said it all.

Luna immediately had a blatant distaste for them, her brain picking up more information from Loid's thoughts.

Damian and Daniella, the second son and only daughter of the Desmond family.