𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗜𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬.𝟱

1.6k reads! tysmmm ^^

(sorry for not updating)

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

Eden Academy, Admissions Announcement Day...

The family of four scanned the board nervously for their family numbers, "K-212A... K-212L..."

...

"It isn't there..."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Silence and doom fell over them like a curtain.

Rejected...? They all thought simultaneously. Loid and Yor looked like they were about to tip over while Anya was flat out on the verge of crying.

Rejected... another word for failed, Luna thought, gripping her arm tightly.

Finally, with no other options, the family turned to leave.

"Let's... go home..."

"I'll, um... I'll make some tea!"

But they didn't get far.

"A moment, Forgers," a voice called behind them. They turned around to find...

"Master Henderson...?"

The older male led the family to a secluded area before he handed Loid a piece of paper.

"What is this?" Loid questioned.

"Look at the top names on that list," Mister Henderson replied.

"Anya & Luna... Forger...?" Loid read out loud.

"That... is the waiting list. It's strictly confidential," Mister Henderson informed them.

"The waiting list... for..."

"Yes. Once all the scores were tallied, Luna and Anya Forger landed in the top spots on the waiting list," Mister Henderson continued as Luna and Anya looked at each other. "If some of the students who were accepted today decline, they will be offered their spots."

"But... after what happened at the interview..." Loid ventured nervously.

"Do you know what creature kills more humans than any other animal on earth?" Mister Henderson asked.

"Oh, I know this one!" Luna exclaimed. "It's the mosquito!"

"Yes, very good," Mister Henderson nodded. "You saved Master Swan from a truly dangerous beast. I scored you highly for that."

Luna tried her best to hide her displeasure at the mention of Swan.

"That's... completely absurd," Loid muttered.

Mister Henderson paid no mind to that phrase. "Stand tall, Forgers. You are indeed Eden Academy material," he said.

Yor blinked as she asked, "So we just need two openings for the two of them to be admitted?"

"Correct. And to be clear..."

Despite his words, Yor started to worry. But what if one... never opens up?

Immediately, her mind flickered over to a pretend scenario. As Luna kept watching, her jaw dropped even more at the comically bloody scene.

I totally didn't forget we're no such ways a normal family... she thought as she broke the mental connection to Yor. Anya was gaping at Yor as well, who was frantically shaking her head in panic.