𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬.𝟮

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

The next day...

Loid, Luna, and Anya stared at Franky, who was dressed in a mother disguise that Loid had picked out.

But finally, Loid sighed. "Yeah, no. This won't do," he said.

"What?!"

"I don't want this mama," Anya said as she pointed at Franky. Luna snickered quietly.

"You're just not going to cut it for the mother role, Franky," Loid concluded. "Though I've met women who look worse..."

"With all your talent for disguise, this was the best you could come up with?!" Franky yelled at him.

"There's only so much I can do with your height and physique," Loid told him as he turned around and walked away.

Franky set the mirror down on the table, fuming, "I can't believe I volunteered for this!"

"Here, have a peanut," Anya said as she held one up to the dressed-up male. Meanwhile, Loid sat down on the armchair, his thoughts coming in one big wall to Luna.

Operation Strix. In order to stop a key figure in Ostania, Donovan Desmond, from trying to start a war, I was given this top-secret mission as a member of WISE. We managed to pass the entrance exam needed to work our way into Ostania's elite Eden Academy, but we failed to anticipate that both parents would be required to attend the mandatory follow-up interview.

Well, that was an information dump.

"Very well," Loid conceded out loud. "I'll go find a wife."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The following day...

"Did you find a mama?" Anya asked Loid, who was seated on the couch looking through papers.

"That's not an easy thing to do, you know," Luna spoke up near the TV, her nose buried in a book.

Then, the apartment door slammed open.

"Scruffy Head!" Anya exclaimed when she spied Franky walking in through the door with a huge stack of papers. He set them down on the table in front of Loid with a small thump.

"I copied all the files of unmarried women from city hall," he informed them.

"Great, thanks."

"So you need a woman who's refined enough for Eden Academy, who doesn't care you're divorced with kids, and who's willing to get married within 48 hours?" Franky asked, ticking off a list. "If such a goddess exists, I'd sure love to meet her. Meanwhile, I have no standards whatsoever, yet I can't even get a date!"

"That's pathetic."

"Don't call me pathetic!"

"Is having a kid bad?" Anya asked, poking her head up from the side of the couch. "Are me and Luna keeping the mamas away?"

"There's nothing wrong with the two of you," Loid said as he gently rubbed her head. "This is about getting you girls into school. Go watch TV and don't worry about it, okay?"

"'Kay," Anya said as she scurried off toward the TV. Franky watched as she went by and sat down on the armchair.

"So, why can't your agency just send you a female operative?" he asked Loid as he leaned forward.