𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬.𝟯

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

This is 128 Park Avenue, capital city of Berlint, The People's Republic of Ostania.

Luna assumed things went well during the party night if Loid had told her and her sister that Yor was going to be their new mother.

Luna watched as Loid carried the boxes containing Yor's things into the apartment and zoned out while Yor asked about sleeping arrangements and such.

"Welcome to Anya and Luna's house!" Anya exclaimed excitedly, throwing her hands up.

Luna nodded. "Yes, welcome," she echoed her sister.

"Thank you for the lovely welcome, Anya and Luna," Yor said, smiling at them.

This address is home to a rather unusual family.

The father, Loid Forger, is a spy.

The mother, Yor Forger, is an assassin.

The elder twin daughter, Luna Forger, is a telepath with a bonus of photographic memory.

The younger twin daughter, Anya Forger, is also a telepath with a hyperfixation on spies and peanuts.

"I'm so happy to have a mama now!" Anya said as she picked up a small box. "I'm gonna help."

"A mama..." Yor repeated nervously while Luna picked up another small box. But she quickly set it back down when she heard metal clinking around inside. Knowing that her new mother was an assassin, it was her best guess that there was something dangerous in there.

"Oh, I meant to tell you..." Loid said, turning around. "I pulled in a favor from a friend at the courthouse and got our marriage backdated a year."

Actually, it was just forged, he thought. But he kept that to himself.

"I'll come up with an excuse for your brother about why we haven't been living together," he continued.

"Okay," Yor responded.

Then Loid thought, After all, Eden Academy would find it mighty suspicious if we'd married right before the interview.

Meanwhile, Yor was thinking, Now that I've secured (my boss) the Shopkeeper's permission, I've got nothing to worry about.

Soooo cool, thought Anya.

Well, let's see how dysfunctional this family will get, Luna was thinking at the same time.

A man, a woman, and two children, each seeing something to gain from this sham arrangement.

Now all four live under one roof, each concealing their true nature from their fake family.

Anya picked up the box that Luna had set down and started to carry it away before Yor took noticed. "Oh, Anya, no!" she started to say in panic. "Those are—"

...All of my poisoned weapons, Yor finished in her head.

Anya's jaw dropped in shock.

Knew it, Luna sighed mentally.