18 | don't wanna hide anymore

September 7th, 2023

I was packing long into the night last night, trying to obsessively pack up all the stuff we would need. We are going to Kansas City to visit Travis for the first time today.

I get woken up by my daughter around 7am and I get over with our morning routines, getting both of us ready to leave.

We set off from the airport two hours later, landing in KC just before noon. When we get through security, my guys are loading up the cars I borrowed, setting up Ellie's car seat there.

Because of traffic, we are a bit late, so when we pull up into the drive, Travis is already standing by the door, waiting.

I get out of the door, flashing him a smile and get over to the other side of the car, unbuckling my daughter and letting her onto the ground. She immediately bolts into a run, running into my boyfriend's spread arms.

"Hey, girlie. How are you doing, princess?" He coos and she just burrows her head into his shoulder.

I just stand back, looking at them, smiling to myself. I still couldn't believe it.

"C'mere." This gets me out of my mind and I look up, meeting Travis' green eyes. He is still holding Ellie tight to his chest and I step closer, hugging him around his torso, cuddling to his other side.

"Hi." I mumble into his chest, hugging him close.

"Hey, gorgeous." I can feel his breath on my temple as he says it.

We get a few more seconds of peace and quiet until Ell is wiggling her way off of Trav's arms onto the ground. She runs into the house through the open front door and we trail behind her, hand in hand.

While Travis is giving us a tour of the house, the guys bring in all of the stuff I brought. And let me tell you, it's a lot.

Trav starts laughing as soon as he sees it. "Are you moving here forever or what?"

"Hey!" I giggle with him. "3/4 of all of this is Ellie's. Kids need a lot of stuff. Especially this kid." I bend over, getting my hyperactive daughter into my arms before spinning around, making her laugh. "Right?" She just nods, in the little world of her own.

"I know, baby. I was just teasing." He tucks me into his side, kissing my forehead, which makes Ellie mad and soon, her little hands are on both of our faces, pushing them apart.

I just raise my eyebrow at her mad face, waiting for what she's gonna say. "I baby. No mama." She pouts, making both me and Trav burst out laughing.

He takes her into his arms, kissing her forehead too. "Don't worry, Princess. Both you and Mommy are my babies." This time, he gives me a quick peck on the lips before we are distracted by my daughter again. Who is in a silly mood today apparently because now, she just started tugging on one of Travis' hoops.

"Ouch. You are trying to rip it out or what?" He laughs, rubbing his ear.

I am always wearing earrings, I got more three more holes this year and she was never bothered with them, not once. But Trav's earrings are probably more interesting.

"Spa'kly." Ellie exclaims, tugging on it once more before I take her out of my boyfriend's arms.

"They're sparkly, huh? That's not what we do though. That could've hurt Travis. Can you apologize? Say sorry?" I try to keep my voice calm but strong. Yelling is not gonna fix anything.

"Sowwy, T'avvy." She pouts, stroking his ear gently, making us both giggle. Travis kisses her forehead, accepting the apology. Could you not if she was looking this adorable?