𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐘

꧁꧂

 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋. It had also been 2 days since Colin had purposed the idea of marriage to Loretta. They had talked about it, when they were confessing their love for each other of course. But this time it was serious, not just hypothetical. Colin wanted to make it real, to seal the deal. So in order to do that, he has to get permission from her father and older brother.

To say he was nervous, was an understatement. He knew they both liked him, but did they like him enough to take the Leighton girls hand in marriage? Colin had talked and bonded with Henry Leighton a few times. About random things like financial things, or sometimes even about Loretta. On the other hand, James Andrew and Colin never had a real relationship as friends. James Andrew was more friends with Benedict and Anthony if anything, it didn't bother the third born Bridgerton. Cause you know, he always had Loretta. But at this time he almost wished he was closer to James Andrew, just to show him how much he cared and loved the Leighton's younger sister.

He was currently on his way towards the Leighton's home. He had gone over and over in his head what he would say, making sure that he doesn't say or do the wrong thing. After the 5 minute walk to the Leighton's home, he finds his body in-front of the door of the family home. Knocking on the doors, a silence overcomes for a few short minutes. All until the house maid opens the large doors, with a polite smile. "Oh Mr Bridgerton! What a lovely surprise.. Oh Miss Loretta isn't here right now, but I can take a message for you.."

"Oh Maria I am not here for Loretta, I am actually here to talk to Lord Leighton and James Andrew.. If that is alright?" The Bridgerton asks, clearly showing signs of nervousness. After all this is the first time he is doing this, he doesn't know what to expect. "Oh yes of course! Come.. come. Follow me.." Colin finds himself following the Leighton's house maid up the office were James Andrew and Lord Leighton are in. Discussing god knows what. Quietly thanking Maria for her service, Colin finds his way into the room. Maria closing the door behind him, leaving him alone with the two other men.

"Colin Bridgerton, well this is a surprise, what can we do for you?" Henry Leighton says, putting down his papers for the Bridgerton's full attention. With a smile on his face, on the other hand James Andrews is standing up with a nice smile. Happy to see the boy no doubt, but it confused the Bridgerton. Why were they so excited to see him, so willing? "I suppose my arrival is very sudden, and I apologize for my intrusion. I-.. I need to ask the two of you something, it's important.." Colin says, fidgeting with his hands from behind his back.