EP.28

enjoy - it's a bit of a sad one 😢

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES
8 & 1/2 years ago...

"Where is she?" Zahra spoke groggily, "Where is my baby?" She questioned,

"Remember Zahra, she died," Caleb spoke coldly beside her, "You fell down the stairs and you lost her,"

A gutting feeling rushed through Zahra. A feeling of intense pain and loss enveloped her entire existence, paralysing her.

"What?" She asked quietly,

"You fell down the stairs and lost the baby, my baby," He spoke angrily. "You're so careless, you never think,"

Zahra exhaled a shaky breath, "But I held her —"

"She died before you touched her," Caleb cut her off. "How can you not remember any of this? Are you that stupid?"

"I had my baby, where is she?" Zahra continued to ask only for Caleb to grab her neck.

"Listen to me, she is not here, she is gone, so the next time you think about sleeping with that criminal, you'll think twice," He gripped her neck. "Now what happened to the baby?"

"She died," She repeated with fear in her eyes.

"Because I was so careless, say it," He tightened his grip on her neck.

"I was so careless," Zahra repeated, his words sinking in.

That was one of her earliest memories of losing her daughter, it clouded her mind and haunted her whenever she had a quiet moment.

"Zahra," Truth said from behind her. He could see her staring down into the sink but she wasn't moving at all.

Zahra stood still, watching the water run down the drain. Her mind elsewhere.

Her heart was beating fast, muffling the sounds in her ears.

Her worst nightmare was playing out right in front of her and she didn't know what to do to stop it.

"Zahra," Truth said loudly, making her jump, turning the faucet off.

"Sorry I was — are you okay?" She turned to him, pushing Caleb to the back of her mind.

"Therese and Mark are here," He said looking at her strangely, "Are you sure you're okay Aida?"

"I'm fine," Zahra tucked her hair behind her ear. "Why Mark?" She questioned.

"I want a restraining order against that weirdo," Truth spoke angrily.

"His name is Psalm," She whispered,

"Are you okay?" He asked again when he saw her face, "Since he came here you've been off, are you worried?"

Zahra took a breath and leaned against the counter, "I'm so afraid that he's going to take my baby," She said, her voice breaking.

"Don't cry," Truth wrapped his arms around her quickly.

"Taylor is mine," Zahra cried, "He can't take her away from me,"

"Shush it's okay," He said in her ear, rubbing her back. "We'll get a restraining order and he won't take her,"

"What if she wants to know him?" She expressed quietly. "What if he fights us for custody?"

"I won't let him," Truth said firmly,

"He's her dad," Zahra cried harder,  "I - I need to tell you something," She said softly just as the doorbell rang.