👓13👓

Chapter 13

Steph's POV:

I drive slowly on the highway looking in the rearview mirror from time to time to make sure that Keon's car is still in sight. Quinn opted to ride with him, and usually I'd be tearing across the road with the windows down in a rush to get to the party, but I need to go slowly to make sure that Keon is following behind me. Also, I'm sure Keon would be pissed off at me if I broke any road safety laws.

Not that I care what he thinks.

But he did look cute today, when he came out of the house, all fancy looking. It's so amusing to see someone our age so out of touch with fashion that he would actually wear a bowtie to an informal weekend party, and I couldn't stop laughing, even though I felt bad when I saw the hurt expression on his face. And the way his eyes stared at me behind his glasses was actually really hot and...

I shake my head, and put on some music to distract myself. Keon... hot? I almost snort aloud with laughter. Wait till I told Kayla about this, she'd never let me live it down.

At least it's a welcome distraction from my father. He had caught me sneaking out and we'd had a huge argument. Before he let me go, I had to promise to attend a dinner party with him and convince him that I was still taking my meds. How annoying. Maybe mom would have some advice for me. I've been trying to call her all week, but it never seems to go through.

I make a mental note to go and see her as soon as possible, then I push the matter out of my head.

For the most of the drive, I manage to keep my head straight and focus on driving to the party, refusing to entertain any distracting thoughts, blasting music and enjoying the feel of driving alone.

Finally, we pull up at the outskirts of our little town which is where the school captain of Kingsley High lives. Calling it a house wouldn't be doing it justice. It's a mansion so big it could house the whole town.

I park my car in the already crowded driveway and hop out, watching Keon park right beside me. The driver door opens and Keon comes out, then open the passenger door for Quinn. As he walks towards me, I can't help but notice just how attractive he looks, nothing like the guys I'd normally notice, and yet intriguing all the same.

"You broke at least two traffic rules driving here and you ran the traffic light", he says, his British accented voice stern and shaking me out of less holy thoughts.

What is wrong with me. This is Keon for goodness' sake. He is Quinn's brother. And he hates you.

I roll my eyes at Keon.

"Not my business. Now are you going to scold me all day or are you coming in?"

He mutters something about wishing he hadn't come and I couldn't agree more. It is too distracting having him around. Everything about his prescence is confusing to me in ways that it shouldn't

Without waiting for him or Quinn I push inside the house where the party is in full swing, and head towards the direction where everyone is crowded, knowing that's where I'll find a drink.

I'm going to need one if I'm to make it through tonight.

👓👓👓

"Chug!"

"Chug!!"

"Chug!!!"

I lift up my last shot glass and down the alcohol enjoying the warmth through my veins and the cheers of people all around me.

"Looks like I win", I smirk through my hazy vision at the dark haired guy standing beside me. His green eyes are very intense, and the sleeveless turtleneck sports muscles covered in tattoos. He is much older than I am, probably in college, but he's hot anyway.