👓1👓

Steph's POV:

Nothing good can ever come from attending a midnight party the night before a big literature test.

So of course, that's what I did.

In retrospect, I should have probably said no, refused to go but come on. It was a really good party, one I enjoyed tremendously as I drank, danced and... well other thigs which were definitely not PG-13. However, the price to pay is that I am now struggling with a hangover while writing a literature test that I did not study for.

I hate literature.

I look beside me to see my best friend Kayla puzzling over the questions set, her face looking as confused as I felt. I turned to the paper again as I tried to understand the question but no hope at all.

I groan loudly.

"Stephanie is there something you would like to share with the class?", Miss Kensigner, the literature teacher and a literal pain in the you-know-where turns her bright eyes and big nose towards me.

"Not at all Miss Kensigner", I huff as I try to avoid the eyes of other students who have raised up their heads to look at me.

"Well if you are done distracting others from, maybe you can finally stop staring at the paper and begin your test."

My cheeks flush as red as my hair, but I simply arch my eyebrows sassily and everyone turns away from me and goes back to scribbling hurriedly on their papers. I let out a silent sigh as I glance at my watch.

What has felt like an hour has only been ten minutes. Which means I still have an hour and twenty minutes to puzzle out the answer to the literature questions.

What joy.

👓👓👓

"That was horrible", I say as Kayla and I walk out of the classrooms, raking my hand through my red hair to get it neat. I have an annoying habit of tugging at my hair when I get annoyed or frustrated and that test definitely frustrated me to the point where I had to pull on fists full of hair.

Kayla rolls her eyes. Luckily her dark-as-a-ravens-wing hair is gorgeous and as neat as always, cascading down her back and stopping just above her waist. Her tattoos are visible on her collarbone, and she wears a skull-shaped ring on her finger which she is currently twisting the way she does whenever she gets anxious or is deep in thought. "Miss Kensigner is so annoying. I really think she needs a prank or two played on her". Kayla's green eyes are glowing with mischief, and I can't help but laugh. My bestie is the bad girl of the school and normally doesn't hesitate to prank anyone, but for the past week or so, she's been slacking in the pranking department.

I roll my eyes as I laugh. "Girl you couldn't prank anyone if they begged you to. And you seemed to understand what was in the tests. Is this due to a certain someone?", I tease with a smile, jabbing her playfully in the ribs.

Kayla's olive skin flushes a bit. "Well while you were at the party last night, Aaron came over and tutored me a bit for the literature exam before we got a bit... distracted."

I laugh as Kayla hastily averts her green eyes from the probing stare of my hazel ones.

"Distracted, eh?", I quirk an eyebrow.

"It isn't what you think she laughs. "Aaron and I just ended up watching marvel movies that's all."

I am about to tease her some more when a voice comes from behind us.

"Talking about me, are we?", and before we can even turn around, Kayla is plucked from my side and lifted into the air.

I turn around to find her boyfriend, Aaron Delany twirling her around like a Disney princess, oblivious to the people around them who are giving us weird looks. I mean we are in a hallway.