CHAPTER EIGHT

The truth will set you free.

I wake up from my nap on the couch to see the boys shifting into the woods

"Where are they going?" I wonder to myself before getting up and putting on my shoes.

I run out the door and follow them to a meadow. I stay quiet and stand behind them and look through the trees to see Bella on one side and a dark vampire on the other.

"I don't believe it" I hear the vampire say as the wolves come out. I slowly come out behind them.

"Wow, what a beauty" he gasps. "A human? In contact with vampires and mutts?"

My lovers growl at the term 'mutts' then look to me.

"What are you doing here?!" Jacob shouts.

"Im here to show you who I am" I sigh.

I look to Bella and signal for her to leave. She nods before running off.

"An imprint too?" He tilts his head.

I dont mean anything Im about to say, please just trust me.

"Not anymore" I walk forward and towards him. "I don't have any business with these overweight dogs, I'm more into.. speed"

I look back at them giving them empathetic look.

Laurent touches my chin and faces me to him. "Then you've come to the right place, quite beautiful and young. What was your name again?"

I slowly place my arms around his shoulders. "Maliyah, and you are?" I say seductively. "Laurent" he snakes his hand around my waist.

"Mind if I sing you a song?" I whisper. "Go ahead" He whispers back.

We begin to slow dance as his face was in the crook of my neck.

I begin to sing my tune as my eyes flash a bright blue.

"Ah, ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah
La-da-da, la-da-di, la-da-da, la-da-da
La-da-di, la-da-da, la-da-da-da-da
La-da-di, la-da-da, la-da-da" I sing

"So long, Laurent" I rip his head off his body.

I begin to laugh at his corpse.

I then take matches out of my pocket and light the fire, and throw it on Laurent body before throwing his head in with it.

My mates come back out of the trees in their human form.

"I'm not human. I'm actually a mermaid. My name is Maliyah Sinclair, I'm the princess of Aquastria, the underwater city, and all mermaids. My family, including Jamie, are mermaids too. Im not actually from Brazil. I have many different powers too and-"

"Wait, wait, wait. How long were you planning on keeping this a secret?" Embry asks.

"As long as I could honestly. And another is, I'm immortal. I'm 770 years old" I state.